an new cache on old location

gillwell

hello,

i was wondering if there is a time span for using a cache location which was used before by another cache which is archived now

so is there a off-time a location can NOT be used for a cache placement, when there was a cache hidden before

thx

You can place a cache as soon as you submit a new listing. The Reviewer will have details about the previous cache, including any reason that a placement should or could not be made there again.

Also, if you know about the cache, ask yourself if the location needs another cache. Is it a high-muggle area? Did the previous hide have issues that might make another cache at the site a poor choice?

If a cache was repeatedly muggled, was causing land manager issues, etc, then don't even bother hiding another cache.

If the location is cool, and the location lends itself to a place where a cache could survive for a while without intervention, go for it.

thx for the quick answer

I spotted a cache location i want very much to use for a cache hide, but it is not nearby my home, but i have a friend closely living to that place.

i want to ask him to make a cache there and as soon as i am there i will place my cache and he will archive his cache.

further he will also be doing maintenance to my cache there if needed.

so by doing this all i want to make sure i can use this spot for my caches as i think that it could be snatched by some other cacher soon, since int he area are popping caches up all the time now.

Edited by gillwell

thx for the quick answer

I spotted a cache location i want very much to use for a cache hide, but it is not nearby my home, but i have a friend closely living to that place.

i want to ask him to make a cache there and as soon as i am there i will place my cache and he will archive his cache.

further he will also be doing maintenance to my cache there if needed.

Sounds good. If you have all of those details arranged, I would get in touch with your Reviewer so that they are ready for the flurry of activity, and know what your maintenance plan is.

The issue you have is not what you asked. It is the cache permanence guideline. Your friend would be hiding a cache which was not intended to stay in place long-term.

An easy way around this listing guideline is for your friend to adopt the cache over to your account at some point in time. Then it is still the same listing.

The issue you have is not what you asked. It is the cache permanence guideline. Your friend would be hiding a cache which was not intended to stay in place long-term.

An easy way around this listing guideline is for your friend to adopt the cache over to your account at some point in time. Then it is still the same listing.

This^. Now that I read your description of the situation more closely, I should amend my post to talk about adoption. If the cache would be at the same location, but you want to own it, and there is nothing wrong with the existing cache, just adopt it.

www.geocaching.com/adopt