Trouble with Muggles

Geeky Gal

Yesterday was a fun and frustrating day. I went out geocaching with friends. It was a large find day, we found 8 of them while walking the Olympic Discovery Trail. Not wanting to quit the other main member of Hot Mess decided to showoff a cache that we own GC4KDYX. We get to the location and found out someone had used the log and everything in it as fire. It must have been that morning because some of it was still warm and still smelled like fire. To be honest we were very upset. It was set up so whoever found it could write a lounger journal entry or draw. The last time I checked it a woman had written about when she would take her puppy to the same spot we were at and now her fur baby has passed. The container was very well labeled it just pisses me off that it happen. But I will replace it and find an even better hiding place. I know these were not your everyday muggles. Sadly drug using muggles tend to come on to that beach when it's dark to use.

Looking at it in satellite view, it looks to be a good proposition for anyone wanting to have a fire on the beach. A paper log is certainly a better fire-starter that is wet driftwood.

It may be that it was drug-users, but I certainly wouldn't put it past anyone wanting to have a fire there....

Perhaps it is time to re-think a location.

Perhaps it is time to re-think a location.

If you know it is a high-muggle area (no pun intended), you will want to rethink the hide, or find a different place altogether. Now that someone knows where it is, and has used its contents for fire, it is more likely to be muggled again.

Either come up with a new hide, move it a little ways away, or archive it and place another new cache elsewhere.

It was a young couple out for a hike. They got caught in a sudden rainfall getting wet and cold; they hike back to their car but found that it would not start because they had left the lights on. Just before night fall with the temperature dropping; faced with certain hypothermia they found your cache, and used it to start a fire, and stay warm. In the morning the sun came up and presented them with a gorgeous sunrise, and a warm day. They got dress the clothes they had dried by the fire, and hike back to their car. When they got there they found a group of people preparing to hike to a geocache, the group helped the young couple get their car started.

Once the couple was on the road they talked about the night they had spent together, they were grateful someone had left the fire starting materials, and they were able to keep warm all night. They discover that they could rely on each other, and felt a bond between them; they were in love. Later that week they got married, and are expecting their first child, and of course… will live happily ever after.

Your geocache save their lives and brought them together. The glass is half full. Replace your cache. Maybe rethink the location. Be happy that your cache brought some warmth into someones life. Move on with your own life, and may if be as close to a fairy taleas it can.

Colorado Bear

Jay

Just an alternate theory

Edited by Colorado Bear

It was a young couple out for a hike. They got caught in a sudden rainfall getting wet and cold; they hike back to their car but found that it would not start because they had left the lights on. Just before night fall with the temperature dropping; faced with certain hypothermia they found your cache, and used it to start a fire, and stay warm. In the morning the sun came up and presented them with a gorgeous sunrise, and a warm day. They got dress the clothes they had dried by the fire, and hike back to their car. When they got there they found a group of people preparing to hike to a geocache, the group helped the young couple get their car started.

Once the couple was on the road they talked about the night they had spent together, they were grateful someone had left the fire starting materials, and they were able to keep warm all night. They discover that they could rely on each other, and felt a bond between them; they were in love. Later that week they got married, and are expecting their first child, and of course… will live happily ever after.

Your geocache save their lives and brought them together. The glass is half full. Replace your cache. Maybe rethink the location. Be happy that your cache brought some warmth into someone’s life. Move on with your own life, and may if be as close to a fairy taleas it can.

Colorado Bear

Jay

Just an alternate theory

Was making the story look like a large print Reader's Digest intentional? If it was, well played sir well played.

Maybe the log book was the only thing dry enough to catch fire and he was then able to get some of the wetter sticks going and then finally throw a log on it and bam warmth for a whole week! :) Lets just hope they didn't walk with this cache a 161 meters to find that wood log to throw on the fire!

Your geocache save their lives and brought them together. The glass is half full. Replace your cache. Maybe rethink the location. Be happy that your cache brought some warmth into someone’s life. Move on with your own life, and may if be as close to a fairy taleas it can.

Colorado Bear

Jay

Just an alternate theory

I like that.

Realistically though, something else probably occurred..

It was a young couple out for a hike. They stumbled upon the cache one way or another and happily signed in. Once back at the hotel, they get into an argument after downing a case of Coors light about whether Miley Cyrus has any talent. After they both pass out, the young female wakes up first and chokes the guy to death with her smartphone charger cord. Next, she disposes of the body by chopping it up into little pieces and mailing it in 13 separate boxes to random places in Sierra Leone, Burma, and parts of New Zealand without any return address, and returns to the cache to burn any incriminating evidence of that night..

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Fairy tales and scary tales, let the imagination run free.

It was only a short while ago some folks thought there was a better more accurate way to find yourself on the third rock from the Sun, with their imagination they brought forth a system of satellites. Then the thought of using that system to find a cache emerged. Now we have a game.

A long time ago when mankind was in its infancy, jealousy became an emotion, and in some individuals the need to destroy what they do not like, or do not understand has become their way of life.

Fortunately most of us have learned not to act upon this, but to use our imagination for the greater good. Occasionally we must endure the minority of wrong doers with their evilness, their destruction of fruits of our labor. This evil comes from very small deeds like burning a cache, to the horrific crimes against humanity.

Encourage, Inspire and embolden the imagination and don’t let a muggled cache ruin your day. Put out another one. Enjoy the game, and imagine how we can make the world better.

Look around it is easy to see evil and ugliness, but it is not on every block, nor in every house. Look around you and embrace the goodness in our culture, dwell on what is working, celebrate the kindness you see, and experience. In know that goodness far out weights the evil. I can imagine a better place, and I work every day to help bring kindness, compassion to my little piece of life. Imagine if we all did that!

Jay

Colorado Bear

Yesterday was a fun and frustrating day. I went out geocaching with friends. It was a large find day, we found 8 of them while walking the Olympic Discovery Trail. Not wanting to quit the other main member of Hot Mess decided to showoff a cache that we own GC4KDYX. We get to the location and found out someone had used the log and everything in it as fire. It must have been that morning because some of it was still warm and still smelled like fire. To be honest we were very upset. It was set up so whoever found it could write a lounger journal entry or draw. The last time I checked it a woman had written about when she would take her puppy to the same spot we were at and now her fur baby has passed. The container was very well labeled it just pisses me off that it happen. But I will replace it and find an even better hiding place. I know these were not your everyday muggles. Sadly drug using muggles tend to come on to that beach when it's dark to use.

WOW...this is one of the worst muggle story. Very sorry to hear what happen. My first DIY cache which I put a lot of time into making was muggled in less than a month, I was sooooooo mad. But in time came to realize its part of the game, its a risk to up out a cache and hope it never gets muggled. I still love to make my oun cache and enjoy when other people write postive comments about it....so sorry to hear what happen to your cache, sounds like a great one which I would have love to find. Good luck to you