Your Favorite Geocache.

nyhof

What is your absolute favorite geocache of all time? If the rules were changed and you were allowed only one favorite point, what cache would you give it to. (you could take the point away if you found another so not assigning a point is invalid on this hypothetical thread) I have a few favorites however I have not found one worthy of being called my absolute favorite. At the time of this post, I have 215 finds and I have seen beautiful places with interesting containers, but only a few worthy of favorite points. I have seen awesome containers on the internet but I have never had the opportunity to find something epic. To date, my favorite is GC2P3A5 The Farnsworth Parabox. I liked the challenge of breaking the code.

You make a tough question, because it could be my favorite adventure, favorite puzzle to solve, favorite location, favorite cache container itself, favorite challenge?

Very difficult question. I am going to choose Necropolis of Britannia Manor. We got to meet the folks who did the cache and I got to reminisce about Ultima. The cache itself was very cool and the walk to it very well crafted. It was the focus of our trip and I got do it with my wife. Sorry Barney Smith or other cool caches but if I was forced to choose one...

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2B034_necropolis-of-britannia-manor-iii?guid=0bd88942-31d9-4ecb-b230-2ef84af70b11

Mocopulence was the cache I did for #4000 and I wasn't disappointed. It involved roaming around the most incredible collection of "stuff" that a most eccentric old guy could ever assemble, all in an effort to get answers to solve the puzzle. Add to that the fact that I expected 2 or 3 other cachers to show up and do this one with me for this milestone, but was surprised when nearly 30 others showed up to make this a true day of "fun with friends"

44ae2074-c775-4d7d-a308-70c49a626508.jpg

My two favourite caches, Baby Talk and extremophile (both found in my first year of caching, in 2002) have been archived, and I don't use favourite points on archived caches.

From there, I have no clue which would be my favourite, because I have so many good cache experiences on my favourites list.

Thanks for making me glance through my list, though, many wonderful memories there over the years! I really need to go back through the list and actually catch up on posting pics. :rolleyes:

You make a tough question, because it could be my favorite adventure, favorite puzzle to solve, favorite location, favorite cache container itself, favorite challenge?

Very difficult question. I am going to choose Necropolis of Britannia Manor. We got to meet the folks who did the cache and I got to reminisce about Ultima. The cache itself was very cool and the walk to it very well crafted. It was the focus of our trip and I got do it with my wife. Sorry Barney Smith or other cool caches but if I was forced to choose one...

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2B034_necropolis-of-britannia-manor-iii?guid=0bd88942-31d9-4ecb-b230-2ef84af70b11

Love Barney Smith and his cache and View Carre is right up there too but I agree has to be the Necropolis of Britannia Manor III. :D

Ah, Tough question. Lots of great caches!

My most favorite cache? The first one I found! Terrace Pond

Hmm... July 2004! I had a GPS. I was maintaining the trail. I read about geocaching in the newspaper. And, of course, since it is a BrianSnat cache, it is very well done, and in a great place! 2/3.5 It showed me what geocaching could/should be about! Only took me two or three hours for the hike and the find. And I've been hooked since!

My favorite keeps changing. I narrowed a list in my profile to 17 caches that includes my favorites depending on the type of experience and my mood -- but even there I gave nods to eight or nine others. Right now, the immediate memories of an earthcache at Fairy Glen in Scotland might rival the virtual at the Toroweap Overlook, 3000 feet straight above the Grand Canyon, 60 miles from anywhere.

However, just one . . . all time . . . amazing experience . . . Bank of Colorado. What better location for a cache of any kind than the peak of Huayna Picchu, with the ruins of Machu Picchu below.

Edited by geodarts

And I've marked no caches with favourites. To me it sounds like a question "Which writer do you like most?" Geocaches are so different, I sometimes just cannot compare them to each other.

Actually, being a basic member I do not even have a list of favourites directly at the gc.com site. But as mentioned above I still have found a cache which I named because it provided me with the most special experience. For me this is not a decision about which cache is the best one.

Of course it might still happen that there are cachers out there which cannot name a dominating caching experience. For me it was an easy decision and most of my all time favourites are caches that involve a longer hike. I occasionally also like other types of caches, but typically they cannot match up for me with a decent hike at a suitable day when everything was just perfect. Tricky containers, special creativity and whatever else can be directly influenced by the hider will never make it up for me. What attracts me into caching is hardly something which really has its origins in the work of the cache owner.

Cezanne

......I still have found a cache which I named because it provided me with the most special experience. For me this is not a decision about which cache is the best one.

Yes, that is how I answered too. The one I went with I suppose was the first "extreme" cache I had done. By that I mean it needed special preparation and equipment, and had me do something I had never done before (crawl around in caves/mines). Still was a tough choice.