International Cache In Trash Out Weekend

Odyssey X

Domo!!!

No date for 2014 set yet, ay?

Earth Day is always on April 22nd, and this is a Tuesday.

I really hope that the International CITO (Cache In Trash Out) Weekend 2014 in on the April 26~27th weekend.

I have tentative plans to have a CITO Event coinciding with a larger local cleanup "15th Annual Earth Day Charles River Cleanup" on Saturday, April 26, 2014.

BTW, our last year's CITO was postponed by an unprecedented whole city lockdown, due to bombing suspect hunt.

Boston Strong!

~ Dr.MORO

Domo!!!

No date for 2014 set yet, ay?

Earth Day is always on April 22nd, and this is a Tuesday.

I really hope that the International CITO (Cache In Trash Out) Weekend 2014 in on the April 26~27th weekend.

I have tentative plans to have a CITO Event coinciding with a larger local cleanup "15th Annual Earth Day Charles River Cleanup" on Saturday, April 26, 2014.

BTW, our last year's CITO was postponed by an unprecedented whole city lockdown, due to bombing suspect hunt.

Boston Strong!

~ Dr.MORO

April 26 sounds good to me. Working with a local watershed group, Friends of Poquessing Watershed as well as local state park officials, Benjamin Rush State Park, in Pennsylvania. The park has just undergone an extensive renovation project. Although it is now open to the public. the official opening (and ribbon cutting) will take place in early spring. The Poquessing Creek borders the far northeast portion of Philadelphia with Bucks County, PA. Two historic bridges cross this creek. The Lincoln Highway bridge, ca 1807 and the Richilieu Road bridge, also from the early 1800s. The state park will provide a dumpster or large truck for any waste collected. Have purchased some CITO trash bags myself. Was told by another Groundspeak volunteer that they have donated some supplies in the past. Any information you can provide will be extremely helpful, as this will be our first Geo event.

Thanks, Odyssey X and crew, aka The X Team

Greetings fellow CITO lovers!

The 12th Annual International Cache In Trash Out (CITO) Weekend will be held on April 26-27, 2014. Any geocacher that attends a CITO event on that weekend and helps clean up our beautiful planet will earn a 2014 CITO souvenir for their geocaching profile. There will be an official blog post on the way, but we wanted to get the news out to you guys first.

Plan away!

Greetings fellow CITO lovers!

The 12th Annual International Cache In Trash Out (CITO) Weekend will be held on April 26-27, 2014. Any geocacher that attends a CITO event on that weekend and helps clean up our beautiful planet will earn a 2014 CITO souvenir for their geocaching profile. There will be an official blog post on the way, but we wanted to get the news out to you guys first.

Plan away!

Domo again!!!

Thanks Lackey Jayme H for the update. AWESOME! And perfect timing!

Will start writing up this year's CITO Event Cache page soon.

Boston Strong!

~ Dr.MORO

(Also Groundspeak Volunteer Japanese Translator & iPhone App Beta-Tester)

WeeklyMailer_012414_CITO_vFINAL_Blog-1.png

2014 CITO blog has been posted! TaDAAA!

Here's the full text:

Get ready for a classic win-win situation from the geocaching playbook: lend a hand to improve the geocaching game board (a local park, trail, or geocaching-friendly location) and earn the 2014 CITO souvenir. It’s easy and rewarding.

It all happens during the 2014 CITO Weekend on April 26 and 27. Everyone who logs an “Attended” at a Cache In Trash Out (CITO) Event earns this year’s CITO souvenir for their Geocaching profile. So start planning your event now! (If the dates on that page haven't been updated by the time you read this post, they will be shortly!)

During a CITO Event, geocachers search parks, trails and forests to earn a smiley—but they’re not looking for geocaches. They’re clearing litter and trash from geocaching-friendly areas around the world. On CITO weekend, thousands of geocachers will walk away from their events with bags of trash and a sense of pride. They’re preserving the natural beauty of our world. It’s often more than litter clean up. Some CITO events remove invasive species, plant trees or build trails.

Join the geocaching community movement. CITO events are held all year long, but you’ll have plenty of events to choose from on April 26 and 27. Last year, over 13,000 geocachers from more than 30 countries combined in the annual worldwide environmental effort, which is tied closely with Earth Day.

Share this

, create a CITO event near you and gear up with CITO trash bags, trackables and more at Shop Geocaching. See you in April for the 2014 CITO Weekend!

2014 CITO blog has been posted! TaDAAA!

Thanks Lackey Jayme H for the post!

Yep, read the email newsletter, and edited my CITO Event page to link to The Geocaching Blog. Done & submitted. And fingers crossed.

So, I guess my next question is, what will this year's Souvenir look like? Just can't wait to see it!

And Yes, what a beautiful top image for the CITO blog. Looks so 'warm'! Somewhere close to HQ?

Oh, hope Spring comes soon, as it's 29F/-3C now, pending teens/-9C ALL DAY tomorrow here in Boston. Brrr...

~ Dr.MORO

Hey Dr.MORO! You are welcome. :)

I have been told that the souvenir for this year's CITO weekend is a cropped version of that warm, idyllic, grassy picture with the lake and benches in it (this is a shot of Lake Union, the lake near HQ). Keeping some CITO logo continuity from past years and adding a fun, new background image. I'm thinking that they will most likely add the date to it, as well. Hope that helps.

This year, the third weekend in April was chosen, however, that weekend in 2014 is also Easter weekend. Has a date been set for this?

Easter is the weekend before this year, April 20th. I had checked so that when I set up my CITO I was sure to not have it over Easter. I think that's probably why they also chose the weekend after Earth Day (4/22) for International CITO weekend....

Hey Dr.MORO! You are welcome. :)

I have been told that the souvenir for this year's CITO weekend is a cropped version of that warm, idyllic, grassy picture with the lake and benches in it (this is a shot of Lake Union, the lake near HQ). Keeping some CITO logo continuity from past years and adding a fun, new background image. I'm thinking that they will most likely add the date to it, as well. Hope that helps.

AWESOME! :laughing:

Will people attending a CITO on Eart Day's official date April 22nd could also get the souvenir?

This is the perfect place to ask. :) The souvenir will only be awarded to those who attend a CITO event on the weekend following Earth Day...on April 26 or 27.

However, even though it won't earn you a geocaching souvenir, I think that it's a GREAT idea to pick up some trash on Earth Day. What a great way to celebrate our Earth!

Will people attending a CITO on Eart Day's official date April 22nd could also get the souvenir?

This is the perfect place to ask. :) The souvenir will only be awarded to those who attend a CITO event on the weekend following Earth Day...on April 26 or 27.

However, even though it won't earn you a geocaching souvenir, I think that it's a GREAT idea to pick up some trash on Earth Day. What a great way to celebrate our Earth!

Thanks Jayme! We will be attending the CITO of a friend on the 22 and we may host an Event during the week-end. I have to check first if we are free :rolleyes: