Issue with wap.geocaching.com

robnzh

When I log in using wap.geocaching.com I get the following error- I have tested it on a web browser to see if it was just a problem on my phone, but it isn't:

Could not load file or assembly 'Groundspeak.Utilities, Version=1.0.0.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I get that too. However, it seems you do get logged in. After getting the error, enter in wap.geocaching.com again and all the functions seem working.

Not anymore, today I got redirected to the ordinary bloat site. I really hope that this doesn't mean that it is completely buried.

I get that too. However, it seems you do get logged in. After getting the error, enter in wap.geocaching.com again and all the functions seem working.

Not anymore, today I got redirected to the ordinary bloat site. I really hope that this doesn't mean that it is completely buried.

Yeah, same here. I wonder if GS decided to deprecate the wap site in favor of moving people to the apps. Back many years ago when the wap site was made, there were no native apps. I used to use the wap site on my Treo 600 and Treo 650 because the regular site took too long. But with native apps and faster connections, the wap site probably gets very little use.