Oldest geocacher

shirconn

With over two million geocachers I doubt if I am the oldest. I will be 92 in January. Have over 7,000 finds.

We have hidden over one hundred caches, we maintain them.

Along with my partner, Garagedude we have won a a trophy for being geocacher of the year. We have been on television twice,

we have been in a write-up in a three page spread in the Calendar section of the Los Angeles Times

We have been written about in a book on geocaching by EMC of Southern California

My geocaching name is Shirconn. Geocachers enjoy the photo shows I make with pictures I have taken when I attend some eventsi

I just read a message "you are never too old to geocache". I hope you all agree.

Happy Caching and may you have very few DNF,s!

With over two million geocachers I doubt if I am the oldest. *Snip*

Actually there is over 2 million caches. There are over 6 million geocachers- as per the geocaching.com homepage. So let's change that to 6 million accounts on here. We know that some are sock puppet accounts, and some are created never to log a cache. But there's also husband and wife, girlfriend/boyfriend type accounts, and family accounts. One family I know had consists of 4 members under one account. So with those losses and additions we can safely guestimate at least 4 million geocachers who have actually geocached.

I don't know the oldest I've seen but they are older than the our already retired geocacher in our group.

With over two million geocachers I doubt if I am the oldest. I will be 92 in January. Have over 7,000 finds.

We have hidden over one hundred caches, we maintain them.

Along with my partner, Garagedude we have won a a trophy for being geocacher of the year. We have been on television twice,

we have been in a write-up in a three page spread in the Calendar section of the Los Angeles Times

We have been written about in a book on geocaching by EMC of Southern California

My geocaching name is Shirconn. Geocachers enjoy the photo shows I make with pictures I have taken when I attend some eventsi

I just read a message "you are never too old to geocache". I hope you all agree.

Happy Caching and may you have very few DNF,s!

WOW! That is awesome that you have stayed active! We hope to make it to 90 and still be caching, as well. What a wonderful tribute to you!

Happy caching, and may you find many more!

I agree, if it is geocaching or something else, I hope to be able to be active through the years... I am only 34 now, but hope to see at least 80+...

To the OP, that is great that you are 92 years young and caching... if you are not the oldest, I would imagine you are pretty close to that honor. Keep caching and who knows, I may have the honor to run into you at GZ if I am ever in your area or you mine.