What GPS do you use for Iowa?

Guest TJ-Tigger

Guest TJ-Tigger

What GPS do you use in Iowa? Do you have a problem getting signal lock with your unit. It seems that tree cover can be a big deal and is it that big of a deal here?

Why did you get yours to begin with? Do you have any meetings? I am in the CR area. If you have any meetings I would be interested in attending a meet and greet.

Jeremy

Guest MrHaywire

quote:
Originally posted by cedricmackay:

I have a Magellan 315. I don't think the tree cover is that big of a deal. I just make sure to bring my compass. It can be very help full in heavy tree covered areas.

I have a 315 also. Seems to work for me. Like you say an inexpensive compass is a good thing to have.

BTW...I what happened to your Donut Bug? (At the Wabash cache site) There were several visitors between the time it was planted and when I was there in Jan. Nobody mentions taking it. Puzzling [?]

MrHaywire & Co.

------------------

"Remember you may have to grow old, but you don't have to mature."

[This message has been edited by MrHaywire (edited 20 January 2002).]

Guest cedricmackay

I don't know I have asked the people that have log the website and they did't see it there I need to goto the cache and look in the log book to see I am hoping it will show up some time soon. I know some people wait to log bugs and caches so that is what I am hoping

Guest kbraband

quote:
Originally posted by pedally:

I use a Garmin eTrex.The reception is okay in the bean fields but the corn seems to block the sattelites. icon_smile.gif

Right, and you don't need mapping capabilities because all the roads are straight. (Just kidding, everyone! Iowa was my home state, so I have a right to poke fun.)

Guest kbraband

quote:
Originally posted by pedally:

I use a Garmin eTrex.The reception is okay in the bean fields but the corn seems to block the sattelites. icon_smile.gif

Right, and you don't need mapping capabilities because all the roads are straight. (Just kidding, everyone! Iowa was my home state, so I have a right to poke fun.)

quote:
Originally posted by TJ-Tigger:

What GPS do you use in Iowa? Do you have a problem getting signal lock with your unit. It seems that tree cover can be a big deal and is it that big of a deal here?

Why did you get yours to begin with? Do you have any meetings? I am in the CR area. If you have any meetings I would be interested in attending a meet and greet.

Jeremy

i use the extrex, and like stated recepection is generally not a problem.

i dont know of any meetings in the area, but where would you find that out??

signed jeremy?

Guest TJ-Tigger

As far as meetings, I didn't know if the geocaching crowd did the meet and greet thing.

Signed Jeremy, that would be my name. Online I usually go by TJ-Tigger. TJ for the vehicle that I drive and Tigger for who I am.

i c,

there actually a group, or a few i guess,

one would be the GPG

Great Plains Geocachers

quote:
Originally posted by TJ-Tigger:

As far as meetings, I didn't know if the geocaching crowd did the meet and greet thing.

Signed Jeremy, that would be my name. Online I usually go by TJ-Tigger. TJ for the vehicle that I drive and Tigger for who I am.