Log Book

Perfume Princess

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to remove a 'write note' from a log for a cache that you own.

Oh, dear. Cache pages are not meant to be used for "discussions". I'm surprised the Reviewer hasn't stepped in before now.

The Help Center has an article about deleting logs on caches you own.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Geocache Ownership: A Long-Term Relationship

3.9. Log Deletion

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=204

To delete logs from your cache, you need to do it one by one. Click on "view log" for each log. That will take you to that log's page, where you will see a red garbage can (delete) and a red lock icon (permanently encrypt).

Personally, I would send an email to each person whose logs have been deleted, with an explanation for the deletion.

Also, can anyone tell me if you can 'see' who is watching your cache? (rather than just a number)

Thanks

No, you can't see a list of who has your cache on a watchlist.

Help Center → My Account → More Site Functionality

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=145

3.14. Watchlist Identity

How can I tell who is watching my geocache?

For privacy reasons we cannot reveal the names of the watchers of your geocache. Sorry.

If you like, post a note on the geocache page requesting the watchers reveal themselves. Since they are watching the geocache, they will all receive your request by email.

If you were a Premium Member, and the cache was made Premium Member Only, then you would be able to access the "audit log". For example, my username would show up on the audit list, because I just looked at your cache page today. Means nothing, really.

Help Center → Premium Membership → Benefits

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=122

1.7. Audit Log

An Audit Log is a list of users who have viewed a Premium Member Only Geocache on the web site. The geocache owner can use the Audit Log to see a detailed list that shows these data:

Last Visit

First Visit

Username

#Times

The geocache owner can find a link to "[read the audit log]" at the top of his or her Premium Member Only Geocache, just above the geocache coordinates.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol
No the reviewer has not stepped in - he would have done me a favour if he had.

Childish behaviours.

All around, IMHO. ;)

I'd suggest not posting so many notes in your own cache thread, either. Only essentials, like owner maintenance. Telling people "OK, let's get back to caching" is just as much cache log clutter as the other notes.

Childish behaviours.

All around, IMHO. ;)

I'd suggest not posting so many notes in your own cache thread, either. Only essentials, like owner maintenance. Telling people "OK, let's get back to caching" is just as much cache log clutter as the other notes.

The comments about the odor of "the parcel in her nappy" don't add a lot to the caching experience either! :unsure:

Childish behaviours.

All around, IMHO. ;)

The comments about the odor of "the parcel in her nappy" don't add a lot to the caching experience either! :unsure:

Neither does crying babies in cars!!!!!!!!

The answer was given - end of.