Caching on Bikes in Leics / Northants

Hi Guys

We live in South Leicester and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good circular routes/series that are suitable on bikes. After getting stuck lugging our bikes over the stiles the other day we really could do with some more suitable!

I have tried doing a pocket query but not a lot is showing

Many thanks, Charlie & Dan

Hi Guys

We live in South Leicester and was wondering if anyone can recommend any good circular routes/series that are suitable on bikes. After getting stuck lugging our bikes over the stiles the other day we really could do with some more suitable!

I have tried doing a pocket query but not a lot is showing

Many thanks, Charlie & Dan

Hi

You could try the Greenway between Kenilworth and Balsall Common which is probably only about 40 mins from South Leicester. At first you might not think there are many caches on it but you need to look at the various puzzle icons scattered about nearby (they are all quick quiz type questions so pretty easy) which will give you about 20 caches in total along the route. Alternatively try Conkers, near Moira where the trail around the centre is a ready made bike trail.

The series around Pitsford Reservoir would be really good to do on bikes Here's a link to #1

or a bit further afield I enjoyed cycling around Grafham water doing the 3SW series

There's also the Norbital caches on the cycle path around Northampton... I'll see what else I can think of!

Didz

Pits ford looks great Didz, that's definitely booked in for us on the first dry Saturday. Thanks.

We did the caches along the Brampton Valley Way in September, which was a lovely ride along an old railway. Take good lights if you do it though - there are two long unlit tunnels which are very dark!

We can also recommend the campsite and lovely cafe at Waterloo Farm - we stayed there and loved it.