Trenton, NJ Geocaches

eagsc7

I'm looking at the map of the area, and I'm having trouble. Where are the geocaches that are in Trenton, NJ? Did they ban Geocaching within city Limits?

Seriously. I see caches all over, but not in the downtown area of Trenton. What's the nearest cache to the State Capitol? Is it GC3677D?

The Steaks

I'm looking at the map of the area, and I'm having trouble. Where are the geocaches that are in Trenton, NJ? Did they ban Geocaching within city Limits?

Seriously. I see caches all over, but not in the downtown area of Trenton. What's the nearest cache to the State Capitol? Is it GC3677D?

The Steaks

I see eleven geocaches within the Trenton city limits.

However, all the ons I had found previously are now gone.

Urban caches are often difficult to maintain as the are often muggled.

If I do a search for trenton, nj the closest one that comes up is:

Trenton Muggle Station

by Team Freeman | GC3677D | New Jersey

There really just aren't all that many. While there are many nice areas in Trenton, there are still many areas that are pretty urban and probably aren't as "cacher friendly". There are four or so near waterfront park including the virtual "Sam's Place" and "Tribute to the____" - that is a nice area. There's a really great park above the Route 29 tunnel that is worth checking out, but there aren't any caches up there (although there used to be one) - "Scenic View" is closest to that park, just to the northwest. "Lady Victory" is just off State Street near the NJ State Museum and is closest to the State House.

The Steaks

You haven't been to Trenton, Huh?

Do my Plum Cache' and read one of the books and you'll get a good idea about the area.

I would say that caching is banned there, but definitely cache with a partner when you're there. ;)

There are a few nice caches in the city proper, but your best bet is to hop in a car or take mass transportation to a more cache rich and cache friendly area.

The Steaks

You haven't been to Trenton, Huh?

Do my Plum Cache' and read one of the books and you'll get a good idea about the area.

I would say that caching is banned there, but definitely cache with a partner when you're there. ;)

There are a few nice caches in the city proper, but your best bet is to hop in a car or take mass transportation to a more cache rich and cache friendly area.

Yes Plum Cache' is a good one in a neat historical area. I've also been meaning to visit the petty's run archaeological site which is near the state house: http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2013/05/pettys_run_archeological_dig_i.html That area should have a cache - could probably at least get a nano or mkh in there somewhere ;o)

There really just aren't all that many. While there are many nice areas in Trenton,

Ask Trowel to define nice areas.

Trenton is a perpetual candidate in the list of 25 most dangerous cities in the US, There are a couple of Courthouses there where you are warned about returning to your car alone. Of late the city has been listed as the 4th most dangerous city in the nation.

Suggest you google for more accurate information before venturing into what has been called a "hell hole", and embarrassment to a state to have their capital there, a doomed place.

Suggest you google for more accurate information before venturing into what has been called a "hell hole", and embarrassment to a state to have their capital there, a doomed place.

And that's just the politicians!!! :laughing:

eagsc7, if you're planning a trip to NJ or the Trenton area, feel free to check out the Central Jersey Geocaching site. I'm sure you can find a couple of caching partners to join you in you adventures. Plus, we're always looking for an excuse to host an event! ;)

We try to avoid the major cities with a dearth of geocaches. There is a reason why. We do not cache in those areas (unless we need the Delorme page.) Yes. We did find Sam's Place. But we stay out of Newark, Paterson, Trenton and Camden! Lots of other places to go geocaching. (Ever notice the large cache-free area in Brooklyn? Bed-Stuy?) There are reasons why there are so few caches in those areas. Tough to maintain those uban caches, and those can be dangerous areas!

Hey, Packanack. Are you the only person ever to hide a cache in Irvington? We decided not to go looking for it...

We try to avoid the major cities with a dearth of geocaches. There is a reason why. We do not cache in those areas (unless we need the Delorme page.) Yes. We did find Sam's Place. But we stay out of Newark, Paterson, Trenton and Camden! Lots of other places to go geocaching. (Ever notice the large cache-free area in Brooklyn? Bed-Stuy?) There are reasons why there are so few caches in those areas. Tough to maintain those uban caches, and those can be dangerous areas!

Hey, Packanack. Are you the only person ever to hide a cache in Irvington? We decided not to go looking for it...

Harry, I never hid in Irvington, I was the one who branded my cache as the Only Cache in the City of Passaic, now there are about 12.

You stay out of Paterson because of the embarrassing faux pas of dropping caches off scenic bridges into the Passaic River. People should know the real reason you stay away.