kid Friendly Caches

RiverRats

With a premium membership you can run a pocket querie which allows you to choose certain attributes you would like to search. There is a "good for children" attribute which cache owners can opt to include in the cache page. Not all cache owners choose to use them but it is a good start. You can also choose a terrain/ difficulty rating in a pocket queri, this can help you decide if your child is able to the work.

I don't think I would depend on that attribute to much. First of all what is "kid-friendly". I think the idea of sticking to the difficulty'/terrain numbers will help you more. Also if you are looking for swag for them the longer a cache is out the less likely you are to find anything worth trading. Lastly many CO's don't get to involved in attributes beyond a couple of the basic. The number of them has gotten so large and cumbersome.

With a premium account you can search the attributes of caches. So if a cache owner selects the attribute "kid friendly" that would be one way of filtering them.

You could also try simply googling for the description...

Is there a "kid friendly" attribute?

Well if there isn't, how can the owner select it? Here's you sign...

I agree, go by the difficulty/terrain ratings rather than the attributes, most CO's I've seen will use the attributes to label things such as tree climbing/rock climbing/swimming etc... but that's about it, a lot of caches are suitable for children, though this will differ greatly depending on the age and how skilled the child may be at climbing or how far the child may walk before complaining.

Example, one of my caches is called Cliff Banks. It is easily suited for some children, though due to the small climb to get it, and the fact it's pretty close to a rive and does get slippery sometimes, it wouldn't be suitable for other children.

Best way is to read the description and the logs, also if you're hoping for swaps for the kids, stick to the small/regular/large caches.

Edited by u1bd2005