Independence between Earthcaches

rosebud55112

I may get a chance to travel for business next month. I will be travelling by my personal car, and so get a chance to pick up a cache or two on the way. However, due to the schedule I'll be on, I won't have a lot of extra time on the way.

I do think that I will have a chance to stop at a particular EC on the way that sounds interesting. The issue I have with it is that it requires a comparison of rock at the EC against that at a nearby EC. Neither EC lists additional waypoints for the other. Although the second EC is only 2.2 miles away from the first, I'm not sure if I'll have the opportunity and time to go to both locations.

I know that occasionally ECs require you to visit more than one physical location. Is there a limit on distance in this case? Should these two ECs be combined into one? I'd really hate to cause that to happen, as each site looks interesting on its own (and I don't want to cause people to skip either just because they cant do both), and the one I might visit happens to be a key player in a local challenge cache re ECs.

Of course, I'll try to work my schedule to allow me to visit both, and see both neat places, and make it moot for me.

I may get a chance to travel for business next month. I will be travelling by my personal car, and so get a chance to pick up a cache or two on the way. However, due to the schedule I'll be on, I won't have a lot of extra time on the way.

I do think that I will have a chance to stop at a particular EC on the way that sounds interesting. The issue I have with it is that it requires a comparison of rock at the EC against that at a nearby EC. Neither EC lists additional waypoints for the other. Although the second EC is only 2.2 miles away from the first, I'm not sure if I'll have the opportunity and time to go to both locations.

I know that occasionally ECs require you to visit more than one physical location. Is there a limit on distance in this case? Should these two ECs be combined into one? I'd really hate to cause that to happen, as each site looks interesting on its own (and I don't want to cause people to skip either just because they cant do both), and the one I might visit happens to be a key player in a local challenge cache re ECs.

Of course, I'll try to work my schedule to allow me to visit both, and see both neat places, and make it moot for me.

Still trying to figure how your visit may cause two Earthcaches to be changed/reconfigured or cause other cachers from enjoying the hides as they are.

What an odd thing to say.

Like you said in your ending, try to work around your schedule.

If you can't make it fit, go elsewhere.

Neither EC lists additional waypoints for the other.

If the Listing provides a GC# or link to the other Listing, I would consider that the same as providing a waypoint. There's no requirement that you have to use the AW feature on the site.

Is there a limit on distance in this case?

As stated in the previous post, there is no distance restrictions.

Should these two ECs be combined into one?

If the Listings provide different educational opportunities and are unique, then no, there's no requirement to combine them.

Have a great trip!

I don't believe there's any distance limitation on an earthcache. There's an earthcache in my area that plays out like more of a challenge cache than anything. It requires you to visit about 20 some locations all over the state of New Jersey.

Ah!! Loved that one! Great EarthCache! We were fourth and fifth to find in 2005.

376 miles of driving. Our first EarthCache. Maybe that's why I expect so much from EarthCaches?

But OP's question was about having to visit another EarthCache (to compare the rocks?). I don't see a problem with that.