separating geochaches

Wondering if there is any way of cataloging caches into groups on my gps rather than just one big list. I have a Magellan Explorist 110. What I want to do is place the caches into folders so I could list caches for a given area and when wanted call up those caches on my GPS. As it is now I have this long alphabetical list that I have to scroll through to find the one I want. Is there a better way?

Edited by charlieseeker

Wondering if there is any way of cataloging caches into groups on my gps rather than just one big list. I have a Magellan Explorist 110. What I want to do is place the caches into folders so I could list caches for a given area and when wanted call up those caches on my GPS. As it is now I have this long alphabetical list that I have to scroll through to find the one I want. Is there a better way?

Hi Charlie

First make sure that you are viewing all of the geocaches.

From the "Map Page" press "Menu" scroll down to "Geocaches" and select "All"

Then make sure you are viewing the nearest geocaches.

From the "Geocache Page" press "Menu" scroll down to "Sort" and select "Nearest"

With these settings, when you arrive at a new location the list will be sorted with the nearest geocaches listed at the top of the list. I hope this helps and answers your question without using folders. On an unrelated note, have you updated your 110 to software version 1.59 (please see my earlier post). I think the above settings are pre selected with the new software.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

Edited by Tarot