When will my Geocache Show up?

eyelove808

How long does it usually take for a Geocache that I placed to show up on my profile? I placed it about a week ago.

Thanks,

eyelove808

Have you checked to see if your Reviewer posted any notes to your cache page?

In the Help Center, "Hiding a Geocache" has been split into its own section:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

In this case, you might want to check out these articles:

1.2. Publication of Geocaches

1.3. Getting Your Geocache Listed Quickly

B.

"Placing" it/submitting it for review and listing are two different things.

Make sure that the "enabled" box is checked before submitting is necessary.

As related previously, it may also be necessary to return to the cache page and see if there are any "Reviewer Notes" listed thereon, if so, they require attention.

That said... if all is well with the submission and placement, a week may not be too long to wait.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

How long does it usually take for a Geocache that I placed to show up on my profile? I placed it about a week ago.

Thanks,

eyelove808

It show up o your profile soon as you save it, or submit it for review. You probably mean when will it be reviewed and available for others to find. You did select the option that the cache was in place right? Did you get any emails? Check your spam folder. Check the cache page to see if the reviewer left any notes for you- they would be near the bottom.

Reviewers are volunteers. They get sick, go to their kids soccer games, and have paying jobs. There are times when they can't sit at the computer all day waiting for someone to submit a cache. The goal is for it to be looked at within seven days. But life, and lots of other caches waiting to be published might make that wait longer. Then you might have to fix any issues. Then a other seven days after that for it to be looked at again. Make sure you submitted it properly and you respond to any issues, and then all you can due is have some patience.

The reviewers are really good by me, I've read it could take two weeks but most took about a week. The best thing to do is Post messages to the reviewer and you can upload pictures which only the review will see. The reviewer has to check EVERYTHING!!! So I upload pictures of what the cache looks like, the swag and log book ect... They will contact you if you need to make changes such as the cache too close to another one. I find the reviewers to be very helpful.

And, once the listing is enabled so that your reviewer sees it in their work queue, you will hear some bad news. Your cache is 471 feet from its neighboring cache, so you will need to find a new spot that's at least 528 feet (.1 miles) from any other physical cache. Read the "Cache Saturation" section of the listing guidelines.

Based on that news, you may want to solve the problem first before submitting your page for review, in order to save time.

Welcome to the world of cache hiding!

The reviewers are really good by me, I've read it could take two weeks but most took about a week.

Agreed, the reviewers really don't get enough credit, our area's reviewer usually has a cache approved within 24 hours.

He's refused a few of mine, but has always explained really clearly what the issue was, the issue was then dealt with and the resubmission was usually accepted within a few hours of corrections.

They're definitely the people who keep this hobby so fun, along with the cache owners and the finders of course :)

The reviewers are really good by me, I've read it could take two weeks but most took about a week.

Agreed, the reviewers really don't get enough credit, our area's reviewer usually has a cache approved within 24 hours.

. . . .

They're definitely the people who keep this hobby so fun, along with the cache owners and the finders of course :)

Re my most recent cache--I submitted it at 8:51 a.m. yesterday; at 9:50 a.m. the reviewer posted that there was an issue that I needed to correct; at 4:04 p.m. I notified the reviewer that I had corrected it; at 4:40 p.m. the cache was published. That is some very speedy review work and I'm sure I better not expect it always to be that fast. Many thanks to the Reviewers!!

Yea we are very lucky with our cool reviewers here! I get worried if I post a cache that night and it is not published by the time I wake up. Once I made the page and set it up for review and planned to go back into it to add in a background pic but couldn't because it was already under review within seconds!