Ignore lists creating more than one

splashandfluke

I would like the opportunity to create my own Ignore lists

Or the opportunity to create lists and have the option to use the ignore feature on them.

There are caches which are to high for me to get too

Some puzzles I just cant solve, so I may want to re access these.

Challenges that are going to take me forever to achieve

Or some caches might be in areas that just don't appeal to me, as I cache mainly to enjoy lovely walks with my geodogs.

It would be great to unclutter the map, but have different list reasons for why something is on a certain Ignore lists.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea

In general, I think it would be useful to have more flexibility with bookmark lists in PQs. Right now, the only things you can do with them are to omit caches on the ignore list, and include all (unarchived) caches on a bookmark list with no further filtering.

It would be nice to do other things, like include/exclude caches on any bookmark list, or apply additional filter criteria (e.g., I haven't found, or Is Enabled) to bookmark list PQs.

In general, I think it would be useful to have more flexibility with bookmark lists in PQs. Right now, the only things you can do with them are to omit caches on the ignore list, and include all (unarchived) caches on a bookmark list with no further filtering.

It would be nice to do other things, like include/exclude caches on any bookmark list, or apply additional filter criteria (e.g., I haven't found, or Is Enabled) to bookmark list PQs.

While you are waiting for the froggie to do something like that you could get gsak, fill the db with the bookmark list and then run the filters. There is a macro that will download a bookmark list but it is a two step process since you have to refresh after that.

Or the opportunity to create lists and have the option to use the ignore feature on them.

Or some caches might be in areas that just don't appeal to me, as I cache mainly to enjoy lovely walks with my geodogs.

It would be great to unclutter the map, but have different list reasons for why something is on a certain Ignore lists.

I have proposed this before, and as a big user of Bookmark Lists, I think that it would the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I would like to see, "Make this an Ignore List", or "Ignore caches on this list" as an option just like we have for sharing, making public and so on.

With this capability, I could put all of a cachers caches on a list and ignore it at will. I could put a power trail that is overwhelming a PQ on a list and then ignore it. If I later want to do the PT, just go and edit the list and un-check the box.

Having one list which could conceivably contain thousands of caches becomes almost impossible to manage, even with all of the GSAK tricks, especially since the api cant delete bookmarks or add comments to them. Having a series of smaller lists with related caches on them that I can ignore, or not ignore at will would be a wonderful thing.

I have proposed this before, and as a big user of Bookmark Lists, I think that it would the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I would like to see, "Make this an Ignore List", or "Ignore caches on this list" as an option just like we have for sharing, making public and so on.

With this capability, I could put all of a cachers caches on a list and ignore it at will. I could put a power trail that is overwhelming a PQ on a list and then ignore it. If I later want to do the PT, just go and edit the list and un-check the box.

Having one list which could conceivably contain thousands of caches becomes almost impossible to manage, even with all of the GSAK tricks, especially since the api cant delete bookmarks or add comments to them. Having a series of smaller lists with related caches on them that I can ignore, or not ignore at will would be a wonderful thing.

Yes, an option for multiple Ignore Lists would be very useful for those of us who are avid Bookmark Lists users.

Great idea, Don! We have entered it into the database as a possibility for the future. Thanks for sharing! :)

Hope it happens. I've been asking for this, or something like it, ever since the ignore list was first made available and never even got a response.

I've been asking for this, or something like it, ever since the ignore list was first made available and never even got a response.

Oh man. :( Sorry about that. We're trying to be better about our communication with everybody, including becoming more involved and active in the forums.

As for the tools that you guys request - Moun10Bike and I, unfortunately, don't get to choose what gets worked on or implemented, but at least you know that you have a few voices walking around HQ. :) Some ideas that come through these forums are really great and we hope that they get implemented too - bookmark lists are HUGE in our house. :D