Nebraska Geocachers

bigredmed

Carleenp has goten the discussion rolling about getting together a group of geocachers. I support this effort and would be interested in attending.

Given the time of year, we have about 2 weeks before everyone's schedule is blown apart by the holidays. That said, we also face January. As we all know, January tends to be our bad weather month. Soooo, how would people feel about trying to set something up in February?

I think we should set up a social setting first. Once we get a group together, we can start planning some more elaborate event. Any suggestions?

remybussi.gif By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I. remybussi.gif

Sounds good.

I suppose we should aim at meeting somewhere between Lincoln and Omaha to try to get people from both. I know we have already mentioned Mahoney park. I think the Schram Aquarium can also be used for free. It might be possible to have a potluck there or something. The Flyfishing club meets there, so I will try to find out about using the aquarium.

We could aim at something in Feburary. Maybe a potluck or a dinner/lunch/breakfast somewhere? I can check on if Schramm (sp?) Aquarium is available for a potluck or even just a meeting. If not, maybe we can reserve a big table somewhere for food. Then, at the meeting, we can discuss arranging a future cache event and/or forming an organized group. Maybe we would just want to have some more informal get-togethers. Who knows?

Once we decide what to do and a location and date for it, we can split up to contact people. I am happy to write a general letter about the gathering that we could send to people. I could contact Lincoln area people and you 2 could contact Omaha people. We should also try to find outstate people to contact, so maybe one of you could focus on Omaha and the other on outstate or more rural? I could also focus on rural areas.

Anyway, let me know what your thoughts are. E.g., what kind of meeting and how to arrange it?

1pm is fine with me. I'll add that if it is just the few of us getting together to discuss plans for a future event, that I could come all the way to somewhere in Omaha if that makes it easier for you. My boyfriend lives there and I often come up on weekends, so I would probably be going on into Omaha after we meet anyway!

pokeanim3.gif

We were planning a trip to Omaha in the next couple of weeks to check out possible locations for the Great Plains Geocaching 2003 Cache Bash. We will be holding our big competition this coming year in the Omaha area. So it'd be great if we could have a few minutes to talk to the Omaha geocachers at your Dec 14th event. But we don't want you to feel like we are muscling in on your party.

Our web site is at www.gpgeocaching.com for more information.

SpinWebby

www.gpgeocaching.com

Spinwebby,

I can't speak for the others, but I say join us! My understanding is that the few of us were going to get together to discuss a future event with more people. Kind of like a planning meeting (am I correct on this Bigredmed and The Shorts)? It seems to me that we could help you decide on Omaha area locations and you could give us info on cache events.

pokeanim3.gif

I agree with the Shorts. I think there will be just a few of us there, so we could probably get a table in the dining room.

BTW, where should we meet? How about in front of the dining room? For what it is worth, I'll make myself easy to spot. I'll wear a bright orange Tennessee sweatshirt.

pokeanim3.gif

I invited a rep from the City of Omaha and some people from Mouth of Platte, so there might be a couple more people coming. The City rep called me this morning and apologized, but she's sick. She had wanted to come. And I rec'd a note from one person from MOP, so they might have a couple. Anyway, they just wanted to hear about the Cache Bash plans and may be interested in helping out, too.

Just a quick update... we are hitting the road now.

See you in a bit.

SpinWebby

www.gpgeocaching.com

37_gp_logo88x31.jpg