Hide logs option

floridabiker1

To the developers of the Geocaching.com web site,

Could you please make, at least for virtual caches and unknown caches, a tool that gives the CO the option to hide all the logs or specific logs, or just the content of logs or specific logs?

This is because, there is a virtual cache (that I've already found), where you need to provide some info from the site, which you need to email to the CO, and some users put the info right in their log, which is not allowed. I don't think deleting the log should be the option. Could you make something to hide the log?

Sincerely,

floridabiker1

Proud Basic Member

To the developers of the Geocaching.com web site,

Could you please make, at least for virtual caches and unknown caches, a tool that gives the CO the option to hide all the logs or specific logs, or just the content of logs or specific logs?

This is because, there is a virtual cache (that I've already found), where you need to provide some info from the site, which you need to email to the CO, and some users put the info right in their log, which is not allowed. I don't think deleting the log should be the option. Could you make something to hide the log?

Sincerely,

floridabiker1

Proud Basic Member

As a CO, you have the ability to delete logs. Have the notice that says "Any logs with spoilers will be deleted" and following through with that will work. There is also an option to encrypt the log that may, or may not be done by the CO-Likely not, but for some reason I think you can encrypt logs on your own cache page.

Ahh, but I see you've found it, so it's not yours. You're worried about spoilers-just don't read them. I don't think hiding logs is the proper action here, as the logs are more (well supposed to be) a story to tell, rather than to say "I found it"