Reinstall Megallan Explorist GC

BouncingBall

he guys need some help ive got a Magellan Explorist GC its my spare so i gave it to a newbie to get started well theve wiped everything of it and i dont know how to reinstall it or were to put the the version on the GPS be gentle limited knowledge on this. when i switch it on it says Factory , Run , Other , Help. thanks BB David

he guys need some help ive got a Magellan Explorist GC its my spare so i gave it to a newbie to get started well theve wiped everything of it and i dont know how to reinstall it or were to put the the version on the GPS be gentle limited knowledge on this. when i switch it on it says Factory , Run , Other , Help. thanks BB David

I'm thinking those are options. Factory reset-resets it to factory settings. All waypoints and caches deleted. Unlocked features disappear, Find counts, and total distance traveled reset to zero. Run-Run the unit like normal, selecting no factory reset. Other-other options. Perhaps chance between kilometers and miles. Help-help topics, how do I...

See if any of those are selectable, and select run.

I'm thinking those are options. Factory reset-resets it to factory settings. All waypoints and caches deleted. Unlocked features disappear, Find counts, and total distance traveled reset to zero. Run-Run the unit like normal, selecting no factory reset. Other-other options. Perhaps chance between kilometers and miles. Help-help topics, how do I...

See if any of those are selectable, and select run.

cant change nothing install files have been deleted cheers thou BB

I just saw this post over in the GPS and Technology subforum. If you have trouble getting the GPS going again by just reinstalling the firmware then you may have to follow the instructions in the post by gelfling6 to unrestrict access to the flash memory first. Since you already have access to the maintenance screen you shouldn't have to follow the instructions for resetting the GPS but it won't hurt it if you do.