Cornwall's Geocaching past

You could start by looking at caches hidden by Nawtcher and The Crinklys, then seeing if any of the original finders of the oldest of those caches has, themselves, placed an old cache in Cornwall.

I used a similar technique, i.e. find old caches placed by the original finders of old caches placed by the original finders of ...(repeat)..., to map out GCxxxx series caches near me. It takes a little while, but the results can be fascinating.

You could start by looking at caches hidden by Nawtcher and The Crinklys, then seeing if any of the original finders of the oldest of those caches has, themselves, placed an old cache in Cornwall.

I used a similar technique, i.e. find old caches placed by the original finders of old caches placed by the original finders of ...(repeat)..., to map out GCxxxx series caches near me. It takes a little while, but the results can be fascinating.

... and also caches "Scilly Island Hopper" and "Tintagel Castle" by lunchbox, two of the oldest caches in the UK.

MrsB

Remember that series well, one of the first cache series we completed. Nice pleasant walk around Camborne.

Some of the Oldest taht we have found:

GCA2D5 Incorporating Nature

GCG1WE Stormy Weather (Virtual)

GCG6KG Nice and Awesome Cache

GCGT3X A fine View

GCGV77 Twixt Grass and Guns (temp disabled)

All still going and placed in 2003

My To Find GSAK database lists 46 caches that were placed in Cornwall before Dec 31st 2004