How many Trackables do you have traveling?

#Tenzin

I was just wondering how many trackables do you have traveling around at the same time?

Like TB and Geocoins (incl. proxies).

The thing I mostly like from Geocaching is that you visit places you normaly wouldn't go.

And the Trackables that you watch moving all over the world.

I find that funny.

But I was wondering how many trackables most cachers have traveling at the same time. :)

Like, I have 5 now. (crafting a 6th)

Edited by #Tenzin

I have 5.....2 of those 5 are recent re-releases

3 are 'unknown' and awaiting for re-release (after 1 year)

2 will never be released (vehicle TB and a special coin that I'm keeping)

Luckily for me, my oldest and farthest traveled is doing strong over in Germany.

I must say...any TB's that I've had travel overseas, outlast any TB that are traveling in the US. My 'hats off' to those folks overseas who understand how to play the game!!!

We still have a freebie from Geico out...

Lost both my TBs. Both on the costly side.

One ended up in a pocket of a cacher who quit the hobby and another was doing fine in Europe, but within a Month after it came back into the US (Washington) it went bye-bye.

- If I ever do it again, it'll be a twist tie or can pop top. Silly things seem to last forever.

My other 2/3rds put out a dozen or so geocoins on her account.

"Proxy" wasn't something we heard of then.

All lost. 200+ remain in her possession.

I have put out 42 trackables.

26 are in 'unknown'. 16 are either in a cache or in the possession of a geocacher. 6 of those 16 have not moved this year. (Including one that has been held since 2006.) Of the 10 that have moved this year, probably 5 are still moving (and mostly in Europe. They may never leave Europe, but they do move!)

There's a good reason I've stopped releasing trackables.

The number of trackables that I consider currently active is 27; eleven TBs, six tags and ten geocoins. I don't release proxies, but I have sent out a few of the second (copy) TB tags. My trackable releases have visited 49 states (the holdout is Louisiana!) plus Afghanistan, Austria, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Sweden and Tajikistan.

My first trackable/TB release is still active. Two of my active geocoins have more than 30,000 travel miles each.

Thank you trackable movers, for the fun and photos! :)

The number of trackables that I consider currently active is 27; eleven TBs, six tags and ten geocoins. I don't release proxies, but I have sent out a few of the second (copy) TB tags. My trackable releases have visited 49 states (the holdout is Louisiana!) plus Afghanistan, Austria, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Sweden and Tajikistan.

My first trackable/TB release is still active. Two of my active geocoins have more than 30,000 travel miles each.

I hope my trackables leave Europe some day. :P

But I just started with Geocaching, and mine are traveling quite good. There was one that had a hold-up, and one is in an cache where not many people visit. But that is okey, that is part of the game. :) On my main page I also have a list where they are all at, in what country.

As a Dutch person I am always like: Oh, it left the Netherlands! Now they journey starts realy well. Other countries, other cultures. xD

I have too many.... :/ I have a small collection of coins that go to events to be discovered. and then I have one in my car, 7 TB tag, though 2 of those are missing.

I have another code waiting ready to go onto a t-shirt and I have a couple of tags on my backpack.

Edit due to silly typo

Edited by sparklefingers

I've got 9 TB's travelling.

One of them is my personally Cachecounter. So I can follow my own way on a map. :rolleyes:

Another one is only to discover my BLOG.

And the others are travelling on missions.

One of them has to pick up some sands in a small container @ a spanish beach for example, another wants to travel to the football World Championsship in Brazil, a missionary goes to indonesia, two of them are dedicated to my children...

You can follow them virtual @ my homepage right here: http://geosperling.de

And if you find the little Bug on the Site, you can discover them. :P

And also take a look @ our little trailer:

greetz from Germany

der Sperling.

I hope my trackables leave Europe some day. :P

But I just started with Geocaching, and mine are traveling quite good. There was one that had a hold-up, and one is in an cache where not many people visit. But that is okey, that is part of the game. :) On my main page I also have a list where they are all at, in what country.

As a Dutch person I am always like: Oh, it left the Netherlands! Now they journey starts realy well. Other countries, other cultures. xD

Be careful what you wish for. I know for a fact that your TBs are far safer in Europe than anywhere else, particularly the US. You Dutch, but also Belgians, Germans and Czechs take very good care of TBs in your countries. Most TBs in the US go out of service in the first year. They either go missing outright or are held by indifferent cachers who lose interest after a few outings. The latter just keep their trophy TB and move on to some other activity.

Be careful what you wish for. I know for a fact that your TBs are far safer in Europe than anywhere else, particularly the US. You Dutch, but also Belgians, Germans and Czechs take very good care of TBs in your countries. Most TBs in the US go out of service in the first year. They either go missing outright or are held by indifferent cachers who lose interest after a few outings. The latter just keep their trophy TB and move on to some other activity.

Sorry to hear that. :(

At the moment my TB's are all (execpt 1) in the Netherlands and Germany. The other one is in Slovakia. I know of one Germany located TB that is underway to Sweden. But it wats to travel in Scandinavia/Iceland. So it is good.

I do notice more proxies over her. I just released my own proxy coin in a cache with a laminated card proxy. But for the proxies here, it is noted on the page of the TB so they are not swapped. :P But some people make realy cool ones as well. So I also took a lot of effort in making my proxy. I made mine of fimo clay. It is realy robust, so it should last long I hope. Real coins here get stolen as well. But TB's and proxy coins travel well.

This is my proxy:

323104c4-c304-4c4b-9fe0-c882b38b4184.jpg

It is a thick as the real coin, this picture I also have on it's page. :)

Also 2 alinea's, one about they real coin and one about the proxies design.

I asume in the US they also use a lot of proxies?

I have 11 TBs and coins

1 car, thankfully not missing :laughing:

1 missing ( known to have been in muggled cache)

9 active in England and in and around Germany

I think I am lucky. Only one is stalled since August with mildly active cachers. One was recovered this week from an improperly logged cache that does not get a lot of visits.

The ones I send out in 2012 had a mission to get home by the end of 2013. Not a chance of that I am afraid.

I have activated over 200 trackables. Around 20 are sitting ready to go. About 50 have had some form of activity this year, and 30 within the last 60 days. Most the rest are missing or sitting in cachers hands. I even have a couple that have been traveling for years with just a small break or two.

I have 51 activated Trackables. I've released 21 of them since joining the fun almost two years ago. Seven of these are marked as missing now. Fourteen appear to be traveling just fine. I realized soon after I got into this game that it is painful to have geocoins - the expensive shiny stuff - go missing. But the logs people write when they find a Geocoin are fun to read, because people enjoy finding these in caches - - much more fun than SWAG - - so what I've started to do is buy two of the same coin if I want to release one. I grab a few of my geocoins whenever I am going to an event, caching with friends, or paying a visit to Groundspeak (I am lucky to live in Seattle!). People's "discover" logs are fun reminders of the folks I've bumped into along the way, and the coins themselves are great icebreakers at events.

I won't release my geocoins in the U.S. - or at least the Seattle area for sure - unless I am putting them in the "international" box at Groundspeak. The folks in Europe, and Germany in particular, seem to take great care in logging trackables promptly and keeping them moving. When some Germans visited Seattle recently and planned a quick meet and greet Event in downtown Seattle as part of their visit, about a dozen of us locals showed up - I think some, like me, wanted to give our trackables safe passage out of the Seattle area. I gave them 5 Four Elements EarthCache geocoins, plus a TB attached to a Signal plush toy. All have been circulating nicely to events and such in Germany. Fortunately, my high school German is sufficiently passable that I am able to read, and enjoy, the logs people write!

We have 53 dog tags and geocoins activated and a collection of 64 unactivated geocoins.

We carry 9 coins with us to events for others to discover.

14 travelers have been stolen, lost or are otherwise missing.

The remaining are scattered around the world. 3 had been missing for more than a year and have been found this year! The longest distance traveler is (so far) 91,000K, he's headed to Egypt right now.

Wish him luck, please!

Cheers,

PandA Inc

Edited by Panda Inc

I have about twenty something, 26 maybe? But about 3 have gone missing. It's amazing to watch, I have some in bhutan, italy, Greece, London, Hawaii, Finland, Ohio! All over the place and I only released these a year ago at the most! Some people have lots but I find that it is a very pricey side of geocaching!!

I have 26 trackables of which 19 are out in the wild. Of these, 5 have unknown/missing status, 3 are traveling with a cacher, and 11 are in caches. I enjoy rescuing a trackable from remote/seldom-visited caches, so I end up placing some of my trackables in these as well. As expected, very little action on these so far, but I'm hoping that because these caches are rarely visited, the kind of cachers that pick them up will be likely to take them to another cool remote location.

On another note, a large portion of my trackables were FTF prizes... I guess one reason to play that game. I like to leave unregistered trackable items as FTF prizes in my caches as well. Something most geocachers can appreciate.

On another note, a large portion of my trackables were FTF prizes... I guess one reason to play that game. I like to leave unregistered trackable items as FTF prizes in my caches as well. Something most geocachers can appreciate.

That's fun to do - I like leaving the Signal FTF micro Geocoin, unactivated, as a FTF prize. I did this recently with a nano hide - I taped the coin to the structure just below the hide with a square of duct tape, and mentioned that in the cache description. The duct tape was big enough to completely cover the coin in its plastic pouch, and even though it was an urban hide, no one pays much attention to a piece of duct tape stuck to something. I used a similar method to tape one directly to a hanging bison tube. The FTFers in both cases got a kick out of it.

I have 5 out and about, plus another 3 just bought. They're all still alive after 18 months, 1 hasn't moved since September, but it's up a mountain, so probably wait until spring.

Of the 5 released in the UK, 1 now in US, 1 in Germany, 1 in Switzerland. Until reading this thread, I hadn't realised how well the Germans kept TBs moving - that's my experience too.

None of mine have anything significant attached to them. Maybe that's why they've not gone missing?

I have 16 out plus one on my car. Sadly though out of that 11 are known MIA, 1 most likely MIA, 2 others are in the hands of but haven't been logged or anything for over 3 months. Leaving 2 still happily traveling all over, and the one on my car that seems to get discovered every few months.

An interesting question, so I decided to take a look and see where I am. I've activated just shy of 750 TBs (and geocoins) for release and all are traveling or lost except for a dozen or so that I recently activated. Of those released, ~100 have been moved in the last 4 months and are presumed to still be active. About 150 have moved in the last year, though I suspect some of them could be missing or misplaced. Some have been stuck in caches that haven't been found for years and are presumable still active. The oldest have been moving for around 8 years, and the most distance on one is 93K miles on a coin released in 2009 and last logged a couple of weeks ago. I have a fair number of active travelers with over 25K miles on them.