Missing many "Nokia Lumia" model in "add new device" option

simonech

Dears,

I wanted to add my new Nokia Lumia but I noticed that only the fist generation of Lumia are available (610, 710, 800, 900), the ones running Windows Phone 7.

Now there are many more Nokia Lumia available, the second generation: 520, 620, 625, 820, 920, 925, 1020.

Here you can find more information on the Lumia series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumia_series

Regards

Simone

I know, but these Lumia are the most popular Windows Phone devices around, and I guess that is someone is using the WP app, there is a 50% chance they are using one of those.

Second, why not allow people with devices not on the list to add them themselves?

Simone

I've been using the Geocaching app on a Windows Phone (Nokia Lumia 620) for many months.

I guess that what you mean is that you can't add the device to your account / profile. True.

I don't see it as a big problem...I guess that the main purpose of this feature is to allow Groundspeak to gather information. I imagine that they lost interest in this some time ago so haven't bothered updating the list with more devices. Considering that the 620 is a fully-functioning smartphone for about a quarter of the cost of an iPhone, it's bound to be very popular; so I doubt that Groundspeak will be unaware of it. Just not interested.

Indeed... I guess it made sense with hardware GPS devices. Now I guess it would be more important to track which application people are using since an app works the same in every smartphone that can run it.

But probably they track it already by the signature with which every application uses when calling the geocaching APIs.

But giving possibility to review geocaching apps would be a cool feature too

Edited by simonech

I have never had occasion to look up somebody's type of GPSr. What exactly is the usefulness of this function in the first place? I'm sure I am missing out on a really cool feature so please enlighten me.

Honest question for you! Does this appear in one's public profile when viewed by a PM? My list only appears in my 'private' profile, not the public one. But then I am a Basic Member, so perhaps that is a PM perk.

As for whoever suggested an open box for user text, that would work for reading, not sure how it would work for any inhouse statistics use.

Doug 7rxc

I have never had occasion to look up somebody's type of GPSr. What exactly is the usefulness of this function in the first place? I'm sure I am missing out on a really cool feature so please enlighten me.

Honest question for you! Does this appear in one's public profile when viewed by a PM? My list only appears in my 'private' profile, not the public one. But then I am a Basic Member, so perhaps that is a PM perk.

Nope, I don't see it. That may explain why I never looked up anybody's GPSr!