[BUG] "My Home Location Statistics" not updated more than one day after changing home location

simonech

I've updated the position of my "home location" and the "My Home Location Statistics" have not been updated even if I changed the home location more than one day ago, and forced update of stats more than once.

I know it's wrong based on the fact that I have a few caches very close to the location I put but the one showing as "Nearest to home" is still the same, and at the same distance of before (when my home location was city center).

If I go to my profile, the home location appears correctly.

Thank you

Simone

I've updated the position of my "home location" and the "My Home Location Statistics" have not been updated even if I changed the home location more than one day ago, and forced update of stats more than once.

I know it's wrong based on the fact that I have a few caches very close to the location I put but the one showing as "Nearest to home" is still the same, and at the same distance of before (when my home location was city center).

If I go to my profile, the home location appears correctly.

Thank you

Simone

I'm left wondering about this...

You say you updated your 'home location' and YOU see the coordinates as correct. Moun10Bike says he sees it seems to be the same when spoofed (meaning as you see it). But I'm left wondering if YOU logged off the system then back on yet. That is known to properly register changes to your settings. Otherwise the system continues as before. Perhpaps YOU see changes, but the system doesn't really see them yet.

Moun10Bike has much more experience in that regard for sure, but it was a little contradictory in your post, from my perspective, the first time I read it. Then I reread it and started pondering this.

Try it if you haven't and see what happens. Won't hurt, and will answer my question.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

When I spoof your log in and measure the distance between the closest cache to your home and your home location as indicated at http://www.geocaching.com/account/ManageLocations.aspx, the distance is exactly matching what I see in your statistics.

After a while (I guess it was in the afternoon) the distance became correct... and now it is correct.

I guess I just needed to wait more :)

Thx

Simone

PS: is there a way to change title of the thread so that I can mark the bug as "solved"?

Edited by simonech