Benchmarking in Canada

jgda

Dear all,

Being from Europe I might be a little off...

Is 'benchmarking' restricted to the U.S.?

We are planning a trip to Canada and are wondering whether we could add one benchmark there to our geocaching experience...

Best regards,

Gotthard (jGda)

Dear all,

Being from Europe I might be a little off...

Is 'benchmarking' restricted to the U.S.?

We are planning a trip to Canada and are wondering whether we could add one benchmark there to our geocaching experience...

Best regards,

Gotthard (jGda)

I think in Canada you have to log them through Waymarking.com

Gotthard,

There are a very few NGS points in Canada - mostly associated with the International Border.

While there are few NGS points, those are not the only caps. And in Canada we have our own system.

If you are travelling to Alberta you can find the Brass Cap Cache. It is a virtual(grandfathered) with about 400 past locations, with a new location every month or so. You can log any of the past locations, and get a smiley for each one. There is also a sister cache in the UK, works the same way. I know it's not Benchmarking but it is caching.

Camping at the free BLM Swaseys Rapid miles north of Green River, Utah with 48 hours to get to Moab, so took the time to find an old Excel file (NGS Shape File format-modified)with 64 rows of data for PIDs in Canada [mostly north of eastern Montana].

Copy/pasted those PIDs into DSWorld>Stations>Published>By PIDs and came up with this Google Earth screen:

With TH0829 Again

d356707c-a9b0-4529-bdea-ee75fe209be8.jpg

If anyone would like this Excel file contact me off forum. MEL