Volunteers for RSA

DarkeWulfe

Greetings all

I have a question on how to become a volunteer for GeoCaching.com. The site says that people are selected because of their skills in the various areas, but doesn't actually say anything on how to become one. There is also a lot of questions that one would like to know, such as why the Moderators have a separate account. Is it because of not wanting to mix work and pleasure or maybe trying not to be ostracised?

The second thing is how to get hold of said volunteers if there is a problem with caches.

I would really like to have details that I may also help out.

Moderators and/or reviewers are "invited" by TPTB.

Simple activity of geocaching (lots of finds, etc.) are not necessarily criteria for an invite. Community (home and geocaching) activity play a big role.

From the Groundspeak Knowledge Books -- find these and other info in the drop-down window under PLAY > "Help Center" of the geocaching.com opening page:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=278

Contacting a Reviewer: http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=200

EDIT to add: reviewer status, though esteemed (?) can be a rather thankless job.

They usually, but not always, use a separate account to distinguish between play and work.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

The second thing is how to get hold of said volunteers if there is a problem with caches.

I would really like to have details that I may also help out.

Easy to locate the Reviewer - at the extreme bottom of every cache listing you will find the Reviewer's name in the very first log of every listing. If you click on his name it will take you to his profile and then you can send him a private e-mail in that manner.