Adding favorites after logging the caches

irisisleuk

Until today I could give a favorite to a cache I found, also after I had logged it online.

I know you can give the favorite when you write the log and check the box, and this is still possible.

But in the past it was also possible to add a favorite to a cache you already have logged, simply by clicking "add to your favorites" somewhere on the cache page of a cache you have found in the past. But this doesn't seem possible anymore. Or do I miss something obvious?

Now the only option seems to write another log (and delete it) to add a favorite, this doesn't seem right.

Until today I could give a favorite to a cache I found, also after I had logged it online.

I know you can give the favorite when you write the log and check the box, and this is still possible.

But in the past it was also possible to add a favorite to a cache you already have logged, simply by clicking "add to your favorites" somewhere on the cache page of a cache you have found in the past. But this doesn't seem possible anymore. Or do I miss something obvious?

Now the only option seems to write another log (and delete it) to add a favorite, this doesn't seem right.

It is not very obvious but here is how it is done.

Go to the cache page click on favorite at top right corner and you will get an option to add a favorite

PAul

There it is, thank you!

They should add a sentence like "Click on the amounts of favorites already given and there you can add your favorite." to the help pages.

Wasn't this somewhere else before? I thought it was in the right column, somwhere under Found it!

They changed the format of the cache pages a few months ago. This is the only thing that I don't like about it. In the past you could instantly see if you had awarded a favorite, or not, and you could add or delete a favorite with a single mouse click. No, you have to go looking for it.

There it is, thank you!

They should add a sentence like "Click on the amounts of favorites already given and there you can add your favorite." to the help pages.

Wasn't this somewhere else before? I thought it was in the right column, somwhere under Found it!

They changed the format of the cache pages a few months ago. This is the only thing that I don't like about it. In the past you could instantly see if you had awarded a favorite, or not, and you could add or delete a favorite with a single mouse click. No, you have to go looking for it.

Is Premium membership mandatory to award favorite to some caches I have found ? I can't see any option to add a favorite on my listing of caches found.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, favorite points are a premium member feature.

If you upgrade to premium membership for the first time, you will receive retroactive credit for all your prior finds made while you were a basic member. So, keep track of your favorites informally, and enjoy the feature if and when you upgrade.

I also had a problem with this. Not awarding favorites but seeing how many favorites I had left to give to help me decide if I wanted to give one to a cache. I figured out how to see that but it is much harder to see then it was before. I think the OP has a point here and if anyone who makes up the updates sees this it might be something to look into for future updates.

I also had a problem with this. Not awarding favorites but seeing how many favorites I had left to give to help me decide if I wanted to give one to a cache. I figured out how to see that but it is much harder to see then it was before. I think the OP has a point here and if anyone who makes up the updates sees this it might be something to look into for future updates.

Might be worthwhile to make the suggestion over in the Geocaching.com website forum.