Iowa Area Cache's

Guest GeoNeon

Guest GeoNeon

Well having just finished our first one my roomate and I have decided to create one of our own as well.

What I am wondering, for you Ames residents, have you had to recieve persmission from the Parks and Rec office to do this? or should our first step be to talk to them?

Guest tecmage

Hi,

Tracy and myself traded emails with Kevin Shawgo at Ames Parks and Rec. From the emails, Parks and Rec has no problems as long as we aren't burying anything, we are maintaining the caches, and we aren't placing any dangerous/illegal items in caches.

I feel like they're waiting to see how geocaching effects the parks. Tracy and myself have two in Ames parks, and we haven't had any problems. The one thing we did was to modify the Geocaching info sheet to include our names, emails, and cell phone numbers.

Good Luck,

Richard

Guest GeoNeon

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll be placing one this week sometime. Still working out the details icon_smile.gif Just wanted to make sure that the City was ok with it.

Guest GeoNeon

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we'll be placing one this week sometime. Still working out the details icon_smile.gif Just wanted to make sure that the City was ok with it.