favourite points

bones1

Not sure whether this was just an observation, or a request for help. However if the latter:-

When you go to log the find online, just below the box where you write your tale of woe there's a tick box to "add to favourites".

Alternatively if you go to the cache page of one you have previously logged as found, click on the box near the top which shows the favourites awarded, and then when it drops down click "Add to favourites".

You can probably do it in the various mobile apps too, but that's a story for another day.

i have just noticed i have 1978 of these points and have not awarded one as i do not know how to add one to a log, ive seen these points being awarded to good caches many times, happy caching jeff=bones1.

But you have awarded favourite points before and the simple process of awarding them has been explained on a previous forum post. I also don't believe that as one of the most prolific finders in the country you had never noticed the 'favourites' button a matter of millimetres from the logging button.

I therefore assume that your initial post must have some other motive.

hi i might have had some help with favourite points once while a cacher was round my house helping me out with other technical issues, but now its been pointed out i will try again. another issue to sort out is getting a picture to go with a log as i have tried many many times over the years and even had some help but all it ever says is "incorrect file path" so about 4 years ago i stopped carrying a camera. happy caching jeff=bones1.

Something did change with the cache page layout not too long ago with one of Groundspeak's updates. There used to be a link on the right hand side of the cache page where the 'View Gallery' and 'Watch' links are to click to add to your favourites.

That foxed me for a while till I found clicking the Favourites button as mentioned above which reveals the option to add to favourites. I think the update must of confused a few other people too because I have seen logs on caches I am watching where people have posted notes after they have logged caches as found just to say they are adding a fav point.