Buried caches

NanCycle

Finally, there is no rule or guideline about seeking a cache below ground.

I agree. There is nothing saying that you can't seek this cache. I also think that Mother Nature was very accommodating to create that perfect ammo can shaped and sized hole.

We've found quite a few like that and really enjoyed them.

Why does this make the cache more enjoyable than if the ammo can was stuffed under one of the bushes?

I was going to ask the same thing. To boot, I've enjoyed nearly every cache but the ones that break the guidelines. :drama:

Guessing you enjoyed some caches that were placed without permission, which is against the guidelines so you also fail. And you probably didn't even report them to the reviewer that they went against the guidelines.

Finally, there is no rule or guideline about seeking a cache below ground.

I agree. There is nothing saying that you can't seek this cache. I also think that Mother Nature was very accommodating to create that perfect ammo can shaped and sized hole.

We've found quite a few like that and really enjoyed them.

Why does this make the cache more enjoyable than if the ammo can was stuffed under one of the bushes?

I was going to ask the same thing. To boot, I've enjoyed nearly every cache but the ones that break the guidelines. :drama:

Guessing you enjoyed some caches that were placed without permission, which is against the guidelines so you also fail. And you probably didn't even report them to the reviewer that they went against the guidelines.

Uhh...no... :huh:

The caches that I have found that have gone against the guidelines have been reported. Some via NA log to the cache, some with emails to the owners, some with emails to the Reviewers, and some with all of the above. And, generally speaking, I didn't enjoy the caches that broke the guidelines.

And as far as caching where permission may not have been granted, I've reported plenty of caches where I have been approached by land managers, owners, or police that I, and the geocache, should not be there. However, there is no way to know that a cache shouldn't be there without those interactions. Just because a cache is on private property (or off limits properties) doesn't mean that the owner hasn't obtained proper permissions. They check the boxes on the submission form, and the Reviewer is the one who checks the area against permission needs. If the cache is there, and I haven't been approached by anyone that the cache is not supposed to be there, I have no way to know what happened between the cache owner, land owner, and the Reviewer.

And, generally speaking, I can go back and look at the caches I "enjoyed" and see that they are caches that had permission, or had implied permission. It's not like you've followed me around to all of my finds and recorded when I said, "Wow, I've enjoyed this cache!", and cross referenced each for obtained permissions. So, how would you know? I don't know you...

And, in the voice of my favorite 9th grader, "You don't knoooow me!" <_<

I've enjoyed nearly every cache but the ones that break the guidelines. :drama:

You bet. I can't stand those caches at war memorials that say on the cache page something like "Remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for your freedom". How can I enjoy a light carefree game when people are promoting agendas like this. :ph34r:

St. Nicolas cookies:

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine

1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 egg

1/2 cup blanched almond, sliced

Directions:

1 Sift flour with spices in bowl. Add baking powder and salt; set aside.

2 In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat butter with sugar and egg until mixture is very light and fluffy.

3 With wooden spoon, stir in half of flour mixture, then beat in rest of flour mixture and almonds, mixing with hands, if necessary.

4 Refrigerate dough, covered, several hours.

5 Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease several cookie sheets.

6 Remove 1/4 of the dough at a time from the refrigerator. With hand, flatten dough or roll out to 1/8-inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter.

7 Repeat with rest of dough, 1/4 at a time. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.

8 Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely.

9 Dust lightly with icing sugar. Store cookies in covered container.

I've enjoyed nearly every cache but the ones that break the guidelines. :drama:

You bet. I can't stand those caches at war memorials that say on the cache page something like "Remember those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for your freedom". How can I enjoy a light carefree game when people are promoting agendas like this. :ph34r:

St. Nicolas cookies:

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine

1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

1 egg

1/2 cup blanched almond, sliced

Directions:

1 Sift flour with spices in bowl. Add baking powder and salt; set aside.

2 In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat butter with sugar and egg until mixture is very light and fluffy.

3 With wooden spoon, stir in half of flour mixture, then beat in rest of flour mixture and almonds, mixing with hands, if necessary.

4 Refrigerate dough, covered, several hours.

5 Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease several cookie sheets.

6 Remove 1/4 of the dough at a time from the refrigerator. With hand, flatten dough or roll out to 1/8-inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter.

7 Repeat with rest of dough, 1/4 at a time. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around edges.

8 Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely.

9 Dust lightly with icing sugar. Store cookies in covered container.

can splenda be used rather than sugar