Apps for hiding geocaches

Steinninn

Perfect Mark worked well for me before I got a dedicated GPS. And my compliments to you for realizing that an averaged set of coordinates are necessary for accurate placement. Most newbies don't get that. Just hitting "Mark Waypoint" is good enough to get you back to Starbucks but not adequate for cache placement. Sounds like you've done your homework. 👍

Perfect Mark worked well for me before I got a dedicated GPS. And my compliments to you for realizing that an averaged set of coordinates are necessary for accurate placement. Most newbies don't get that. Just hitting "Mark Waypoint" is good enough to get you back to Starbucks but not adequate for cache placement. Sounds like you've done your homework. 👍

I downloaded it myself to try....I have an iPhone 5 and use the app at times for up to date info when we're in the field.

Are there any other apps that would be helpful or interesting to use while caching ?

The app didn't show up in the Google play store So I don't think it is for android users. I would really like to find a good app for this as I do not have a gps.

CacheSense is an excellent Android geocaching app and it automatically averages when you set waypoints. I use a Garmin with GLONASS and when I have compared my averaged readings from the phone vs the Garmin I have not seen more than .001 difference between the two.

I downloaded it myself to try....I have an iPhone 5 and use the app at times for up to date info when we're in the field.

Are there any other apps that would be helpful or interesting to use while caching ?

Geocaching Toolkit has some handy features for field use, especially for doing puzzle caches.....ROT13 translator, coordinate converter, Roman numeral converter, and a few other handy gadgets. I don't use it a whole lot but it has come in handy once in a while.