Geoquilt 2...interest in?

DxChallenged

Hi! Well after doing as much as I can on my 4 other geocaching quilt projects (the first geoquilt was given to Jeremy in March), The Tolkien quilt has 2 out of the 4 part in caches now, The Canadian geoquilt is in caches in all provinces in Canada and Quinnow was given a quilt yesterday after it was signed at the Rochester Area Caching event) I am ready to put more effort into my geoquilt 2 project.

This geoquilt project is my attempt at making a lasting “log book”. The way it works is that I pick out a design with many 2 ½ “ squares in it. I then pick colors, choose fabrics from my stash of cotton yard goods, cut, sew and iron on freezer paper to the blocks.

That was the first phase of this project…… The design that I have chosen this time I call “From Sea to Shinning Sea” and will be in yellow and blue. I have sewn all 342 blocks, ironed on the paper (so that they can be signed) and bundled 10 blocks to a packet. I have also made up the instructions……..

Phase two of the project is to find cachers who would place the blocks in a cache with the instructions and then return the signed blocks to me. The first geoquilt project had a wealth of cachers from all over the US and several countries. I have posted this project under the general forum and have to date, found 9 volunteers…140 blocks have been sent out….242 more to go….So I am posting tonight on the regions to see if I can get more cachers to help me get the blocks signed.

Previously, squares were signed that were placed in exhisting caches, temporary caches placed for the quilt project that lasted only until the blocks were signed, presented and signed at cache events, distributed for mass signing at geocaching club meetings and signed amongst family members that cache (hey there are some very substantial caching families out there).

There is no cost involved in this project….Rather it is my way to combine my two favorite pastimes and at the same time “give back” to the best group of people I know.

Phase three and four of the project happens once the blocks are signed and returned to me. I will sew the blocks together (post pictures during this whole process), find a backing, pin the layers together, machine quilt the quilt, make up and sew on the binding. Then I would like to give this completed quilt to one of the cachers who volunteers to “collect” the signatures. I will save all the return labels from the blocks that are returned and have Fearless (my husband) draw a name……that cacher will receive the completed quilt.

So are you interested? Please respond to this post by e-mailing me your address so that I can send you a packet. I have bundles of 10 squares so please tell me if you would like 1 or 2 bundles (for a total of 10 to 20 individual blocks). I will keep sending out blocks until all 242 remaining ones are gone then no more for this project.

DxChallenged

(my avitar has my dog resting on the quilt I gave out at a caching event on Saturday)

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Wow!! The response to this project has been excellent of late!!

Right now I have 300 blocks on their way to caches...3 cachers have responded but I am waiting on addresses....so

No more volunteers are needed....

Blocks are on their way to:

Sudbury, MA

Pontiac, MI

Powder Srings, GA

?, Louisiana

Rochester, NY

Tonowanda, NY

Redwood, CA

Burkburrnett, TX

Redding, CA

Butte Falls, OR

Auburn, WA

Hopkinton, MA

Bethlehem, PA

Ommaha, NE

Toccoa, GA

Sacramento, CA

Reading, PA

Nashville, TN

Lodi, CA

I was contacted by a geocacher to set up a map on this site to list all the sites where the caches are placed (like MajBach did with the Canadian Geoquilt on that forum/region)...so once the blocks are placed in caches please respond to this post (under the general section) so that we can update and post them .........

This is gonna be great!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

Wow!! The response to this project has been excellent of late!!

Right now I have 300 blocks on their way to caches...3 cachers have responded but I am waiting on addresses....so

No more volunteers are needed....

Blocks are on their way to:

Sudbury, MA

Pontiac, MI

Powder Srings, GA

?, Louisiana

Rochester, NY

Tonowanda, NY

Redwood, CA

Burkburrnett, TX

Redding, CA

Butte Falls, OR

Auburn, WA

Hopkinton, MA

Bethlehem, PA

Ommaha, NE

Toccoa, GA

Sacramento, CA

Reading, PA

Nashville, TN

Lodi, CA

I was contacted by a geocacher to set up a map on this site to list all the sites where the caches are placed (like MajBach did with the Canadian Geoquilt on that forum/region)...so once the blocks are placed in caches please respond to this post (under the general section) so that we can update and post them .........

This is gonna be great!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Dx