What do you call...?

CPRTEAMSIX

So, if non geocachers are muggles, then homeless are zombies because they are taking over every bit of natural space to be found in any given urban area and infecting it with garbage and refuse.

I recently heard the term 'Jetskier" as referring to someone who finds a puzzle cache without solving the puzzle

(apparently named after a cacher of the same name who had a talent for just that).

I aslo heard a "cachini" is someone who finds a cache before it is published.

So what do you call a person who loves to find/has found a lot of geocaches but doesn't have or want a cacher handle, to sign logs, or log the find?

Or any other good terminology you know... ;)

So what do you call a person who loves to find/has found a lot of geocaches but doesn't have or want a cacher handle, to sign logs, or log the find?

A geocacher.

It's not required to post an online "found it" log. Lots of people don't, some post notes, etc.

No harm, no foul.

On the other hand, not posting "Dnf's" online can cause problems, and be misleading to other cachers. So can posting fake "found it" logs.

B.

"Half Blood" is from Harry Potter, as is Muggle. Someone who had one parent a muggle, and one parent a witch/warlock. So a half blood in geocaching terms would make sense, since we already use muggle to describe someone who doesn't know what caching is. A half blood is someone who knows what caching is, but doesn't necessarily cache in the traditional way making them half a geocacher and half muggle. Get what I'm saying?

I believe they are called ghost cachers around here.

That's the one I have heard: Ghost Cacher.

I've heard the same term used.

Why do we even need a term for every type of situation. If this keeps up log will eventually become decipherable.

I flibbied jibbed the humber squeek but my humpty-rufter navelled the pootietoo in severensnounts. Beware the jabberwock. TFTC!

Edited by Glenn

then homeless are zombies because they are taking over every bit of natural space to be found in any given urban area and infecting it with garbage and refuse.

For the record, in the urban parks around NYC and Long Island, most of the garbage is not from "the homeless." It's from casual day hikers and adolescent drinking parties. Cases of empty beer cans and spray painted rocks and trees all in one place don't look anything like homeless camps.

then homeless are zombies because they are taking over every bit of natural space to be found in any given urban area and infecting it with garbage and refuse.

For the record, in the urban parks around NYC and Long Island, most of the garbage is not from "the homeless." It's from casual day hikers and adolescent drinking parties. Cases of empty beer cans and spray painted rocks and trees all in one place don't look anything like homeless camps.

And it's the homeless who will come by and pick up the beer cans. At least that's the case in California where cans are redeemed for $2 a lb.