Archived, not by choice

Beemerdad

I submitted a virtual cache in Lincoln. Without giving it away, let me know what you think.

It is in a safe, public place, not far from another virtual. In fact, there should only be virtual cache's in this area.

It is part of Nebraska history. If anything, it wasn't approved because of what I named it.

What do you think?

Thanks,

beemerdad

P.S. It read:

There are many that look the same so you just have to take your time. Be careful where you step.

If we have fresh snow, don't go.

Please send me an email to verify your find.

Have fun.

[This message was edited by beemerdad on January 29, 2003 at 08:51 AM.]

[This message was edited by beemerdad on January 29, 2003 at 12:16 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by beemerdad:

It is in a safe, public place, not far from another virtual. In fact, there should only be virtual cache's in this area.

It is part of Nebraska history. If anything, it wasn't approved because of what I named it.

What do you think?

Given your description it could be a really cool place, or it could be a Wal-mart parking lot, where something has been been paved over icon_eek.gif

The approvers seem to prefer not to have caches closer than .1miles. Also if you think its a good cache, then review the guidelines and make sure its within them.

If you could provide more info about the cache, I would think someone might be able to point what may be hanging this cache up. Also, what did the approver say about the cache?(when a cache is archived they should tell you why)

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

I think the original poster thinks we should search the system for it. From what I've seen, archived caches don't show up in searches. They also don't show up when you view the "hidden" caches for a user's profile.

As Welch said, you'll have to provide more details and perhaps the URL for the cache.

quote:
Originally posted by smillersmiller:

I think the original poster thinks we should search the system for it. From what I've seen, archived caches don't show up in searches. They also don't show up when you view the "hidden" caches for a user's profile.

As Welch said, you'll have to provide more details and perhaps the URL for the cache.

Your right, archived caches do not show up in searchs. If you know of someone whos found it you can usally got off their find list. Unless it was archived "do not show"...

But since this is a cache that was never approved you will not be able to view even if you could find a link. S/he will have to cut and paste the description, or at least explain a lot more than they have about the cache.

Anyone got directions to this place called 'cool' icon_wink.gif

Edit:

quote:
P.S. It read:

There are many that look the same so you just have to take your time. Be careful where you step.

If we have fresh snow, don't go.

Please send me an email to verify your find.

Have fun.

If thats all you put, its no wonder it didnt get approved. Did you leave a note explaining what this (whatever IT is) thing is, and why its deserving of a virtual. From the description you could be talking about... Parking meters or something icon_rolleyes.gif

So beside the .1 thing you also have virtual cache guideline number two:

quote:
A virtual cache must be novel, of interest to other players, and have a special historic, community or geocaching quality that sets it apart from everyday subjects. Items that would be in a coffee table book are good examples. A flagpole, manhole cover, tree, etc., are poor examples (with a possible exception: A flagpole at a memorial or a particularly novel flagpole would be ok, or an especially unique tree would count). Conversely, a scavenger hunt posted as a virtual cache would not be ok. If you don't know what is appropriate, post a question to the forums first.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

[This message was edited by welch on January 29, 2003 at 09:02 AM.]