Magellan eXplorist 110?

JitterDew

Could this handle the job for geocaching?

Why wouldn't it? :unsure:

Rugged and waterproof handheld GPS receiver with an easy to use interface, designed for simple navigation and ready to use right out of the box.

Preloaded with World Edition Basemap.

Brilliant 2.2" QVGA colour screen

Create Waypoints and Record Tracks

Backtrack Feature

Paperless Geocaching

Owner's manual:

http://www.navmantech.com/aumarketing/EDM/Magellan/User_Manuals/eXplorist_110_User_Manual.pdf

B.

Rugged and waterproof handheld GPS receiver with an easy to use interface, designed for simple navigation and ready to use right out of the box.

Backtrack Feature

Paperless Geocaching

Owner's manual:

http://www.navmantech.com/aumarketing/EDM/Magellan/User_Manuals/eXplorist_110_User_Manual.pdf

B.

It will do ok for Geocaching; however, I don't recommend the eX110. I have all of the Outdoor models made by Magellan, hence being a Beta Tester and I don't recommend the eX110 for a couple of reason. The first is that it is limited to only 500 Geocaches where the GC and eX310 can hold 10,000. Almost, the sorting capabilities and other functionality of the eX110 is extremely limited. Personally, I would pay the extra few dollars to buy the eX310 over both the eX110 and/or the GC.

David

Magellan Insider

Backtrack Feature

Paperless Geocaching

Owner's manual:

B.

It will do ok for Geocaching; however, I don't recommend the eX110. I have all of the Outdoor models made by Magellan, hence being a Beta Tester and I don't recommend the eX110 for a couple of reason. The first is that it is limited to only 500 Geocaches where the GC and eX310 can hold 10,000. Almost, the sorting capabilities and other functionality of the eX110 is extremely limited. Personally, I would pay the extra few dollars to buy the eX310 over both the eX110 and/or the GC.

David

Magellan Insider

Alright thanks. Would it be worth it at a blowout sale for 50$? Local store just went bankrupt. Quite sad, family owned but I picked it up for 50$. Figured lots of positive reviews and for that cheap why not?

Backtrack Feature

Paperless Geocaching

Owner's manual:

B.

David

Magellan Insider

Alright thanks. Would it be worth it at a blowout sale for 50$? Local store just went bankrupt. Quite sad, family owned but I picked it up for 50$. Figured lots of positive reviews and for that cheap why not?

For $50.00 it would be worth picking a couple of them up. They are good little GPSrs. Actually, they are the exactly same unit as the GC and eX310, except they limited the software. The biggest thing you will find is that it is annoying having to deal with the 500 cache limit; but it can be done!!!

David

Magellan Insider