Ammo Cans for sale in Kansas

treeves7

I need to get rid of a bunch of ammo cans. I've got about 100 50cal., 125 30cal, and 25 large 120mm cans (the 120mm's are a little wider than the 50's and are about 30 inches tall) All are water tight and very durable. They are kind of heavy to ship, but I would consider doing so, would prefer to have buyers come pick them up in Topeka. $2.00 for the 30's, $3.00 for the 50's, and $6.00 for the 120's. Quantity discounts available.

As Topeka is about 300 miles from Oklahoma City, it would be a very long drive, so, I was wondering if you could provide the following information:

1. What are the dimensions for each size?

2. What is the weight for each size?

3. Is shipping out all together/how much trouble would it be?

and,

4. How did you end up with so many? I am in the USAF atm, and not to detract from your chance to sell....

quote:
Originally posted by treeves7:

I need to get rid of a bunch of ammo cans. I've got about 100 50cal., 125 30cal, and 25 large 120mm cans (the 120mm's are a little wider than the 50's and are about 30 inches tall) All are water tight and very durable. They are kind of heavy to ship, but I would consider doing so, would prefer to have buyers come pick them up in Topeka. $2.00 for the 30's, $3.00 for the 50's, and $6.00 for the 120's. Quantity discounts available.

Zahrim....

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night.

Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

The 120mm cans are 5 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 30" high & weigh about 15 pounds

The 50cal cans are 5 1/2 by 11 by 7 & weigh about 4 pounds

The 30cal cans are 3 3/4 by 11 by 7 1/4 & weigh about 3 pounds

Shipping would be a pain, but the 30's will fit inside the 50's, that might make it easier. I think 4 of the 30's will fit inside the 120mm.

I could meet you halfway, I travel to Wichita frequently.

I purchased these at a DRMO auction, actually bought a lot more than this, thers are just what's left.

I had made contact with Todd earlier today and was on my way to the Cabelas store in Kansas City. He called me back and I stopped-by his house on the way back. There were a good amont of ammo cans in his garage. They were all in good shape too. Man, he has a better variety than many army surplus stores and a lot cheaper. Contact him and he will hook you up. He was a really super person and you wont go wrong if you stop-by.

I stopped by this guys house who posted he had ammo cans for sale. He has alot of them and they are really cheap and in good condition. If you plan on setting Caches out, these boxes are a great idea to use. They are air tight and water proof. Go check them out. I bought 5.

J&A

OK, so I would like about 10 of the small ones. How might we get a congo line going to move these from Topeka?

Waypoints: Kansas City, Des Moines, Waterloo

I would be willing to continue moving some boxes further north. I can get the 50 cal ones easily, but I would really like some of the thin ones.

If anyone could shlep these closer for me, I would be most appreciative!

Regards-

Norm

quote:
Originally posted by flat_lander:

....but if anyone wants to pick some up from Lawrence, I'll buy a few extra.

Do you get near KC often?

If so, I could use a half dozen. I am looking at that map and Topeka is a little for for me at this time.

DustyJacket

...If life was fair, a banana split would cure cancer.

I do go to KC almost every weekend. I'm from Olathe originally and end up meeting up with friends or relatives most weekends. I doubt I'll be heading there this weekend, but probably the next for sure. If I can get "confirmations" of how many you want I can pick them up and we can meet in KC somewhere. Would you be willing to meet downtown KC, Plaza area, or in JO County somewhere?

quote:
Originally posted by Cache4Corn:

OK, so I would like about 10 of the small ones. How might we get a congo line going to move these from Topeka?

I would be willing to continue moving some boxes further north. I can get the 50 cal ones easily, but I would really like some of the thin ones.

Regards-

Norm

why not set up geocaches along the way with the cans being at the caches? icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cache4Corn:

Regards-

Norm

If that convoy ever happens you can unload a dozen of either of the smaller sizes for me, anywhere along I380 icon_wink.gif

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Still have any ammo cans? I live in Wichita but would consider a trip north.

quote:
Originally posted by treeves7:

Don't step in that!!!!!

treeves7,

Can you give me an idea of how many of those buggers you have left?

I'd be interested in a couple, and I could post to the KC Area Geocaching News cache to see how many others wanted. Maybe I could make a trip up there and get a whole bunch for the whole gang?

Let me know how many, and I'll see if I can get a request for enough to make the drive up there (btw, how far IS it from KC (Barry Rd for me) to Topeka?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by cortneyofeden:

Which e-mail? I can't seem to find one for him.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place...

FWIW- Where are you looking?? icon_confused.gif

From the treeves7 real profile you can either use the alternate given treNOSPAMeves7@msn.com, or use gc.com's "blind" email feature, which I would assume goes to the same address.

The not so good news is that it looks like no-one has logged on in like 3months. And the BAD news is that the top three most recent post are these, in which s/he seems to say 'the cans are gone'.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Ah! I couldn't find his profile. Perhaps I'm not very efficient at doing so, since the only way I know how to do so is by looking for "caches found by username" on the "Hide & Seek a Cache" page.

Alas, no more ammo cans left. I guess I'll have to come by them by other means. Westlake's has them for $4 right now, so I'm going to try to get down there and get some.

Thanks, Welsh!