Geocaching in Omaha, Nebraska - Press

Guest redd

Greetings other Great Plains Cachers:

We got a great write up of Geocaching in the Omaha World-Herald. You can read about it online at http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_div=3&u_hdg=5&u_sid=236188

The result that this article has had on local caching activity has been wonderful. I've seen many caches hit this weekend many more times that they ever have been in the past.

In fact, I checked on one cache today and saw that it had about 6-8 hits over the weekend where it only had as many hits in three months!

We're probably reaching the end of the normal caching season this year, but if you know anyone in the media, go ahead and let them know about caching. They might just give our game a little more great publicity.

Regards...

Scott

redd@interbug.com

http://interbug.com/pigeon

Guest cedricmackay

You right Redd I notice Alot of first time cachers out this past weekend Hope it keeps up. I think if it ever gets cold and snows (its been 60s to 70s in november!) it could be fun to find them in the snow.

I agree that hardcore cachers will still go out into the frozen wilds to feed their habit. However, I still expect a decline in the casual cachers' activities.

One thing I wonder about is hard packed footprint trails in the snow leading right up to a cache!

Regards...

Scott

redd@interbug.com

http://interbug.com/pigeon

You hush your mouth... you're gonna jinx us. I'm hoping to log a few of these new Omaha caches in this extended "caching season."

BTW: It's looking like I have to go to Houston, TX for some business later this month. I can't say for sure, but I'd like to get some caching in while there. Would you like me to pick up your travel bug and take it with me just in case?

quote:
Originally posted by cedricmackay:

I thought about that too But first it has to SNOW icon_wink.gif

You hush your mouth... you're gonna jinx us. I'm hoping to log a few of these new Omaha caches in this extended "caching season."

BTW: It's looking like I have to go to Houston, TX for some business later this month. I can't say for sure, but I'd like to get some caching in while there. Would you like me to pick up your travel bug and take it with me just in case?

quote:
Originally posted by cedricmackay:

I thought about that too But first it has to SNOW icon_wink.gif

Guest cedricmackay

Yea that would be cool if you can take it with you. Yea I can't complain about the weather we have been having I have been going to Des Moines once a week now and I have been trying to hit at least one cache every time I visit. After going to the Hummel park Cache I found some clibing rope for 9.95 to put in my pack to have just in case