Proximity of similar Waymarks

This just an enquiry, and i feel i know what the answeer is going to be. Some categories, dedicated benches, trees, etc, etc, can have multiple potential waymarks in close proximity to each other (in parks etc). In the past i have picked one and mentioned that others are nearby. At what distance from a waymark can a similar waymark be created. Or is this really down the the category managers to decide?

The reason i ask is, it is possible to saturate an area with one category, but can see this as an overkill. Is there an unwritten rule on this?

As an officer in a few categories, and a leader in one, when I check a submitted waymark to one of the categories to see if the waymark fits, the system will tell me if there is another from the same category near (0.1mile?)

I check to see it's not the same one! If it's not, and it ticks the boxes, it's accepted.

If it's in a different Waymarking category the system wont tell me.

So if it ticks the right boxes, it's in!

One waymark can fit several categories.

I think that's part of the fun, seeing how many it fits!

(I try to have a different default picture for each category I place the same waymark in)

I try to leave a few waymarks for others to find and waymark around my posted waymarks. :)

As most waymarks have their own particular 'favourites' I don't think it's possible to saturate an area... But am willing to be proved wrong! :laughing:

I first started when someone else (cldisme) started Waymarking around my local area...

I'd procrastinated too long! But several could be put in other categories, which I did when I waymarked them. It could be seen as part of the challenge.

cldisme also gave me a few pointers, which helped, and increased my enthusiasm for Waymarking.

If it's already waymarked when you go to post it- Visit it!

Thanks Guys. I asked as i was in a counrty park at the weekend that had quite a few "You are Here" notice boards around. I waymarked two, but felt guilty at the time so did not do any more.

Maybe i could put it to the test one day to see how many in one category i can post in one small area before getting knocked back. :unsure::laughing:

You have not placed these objects so close together, you are only documenting them. That's the difference to GC. If the category allows it then there's nothing wrong with it.

There are many way to play the game and they are all fine. I am personally very selective in this respects. For me it's not only about the numbers, I care more about how I get my numbers.

You have not placed these objects so close together, you are only documenting them. That's the difference to GC. If the category allows it then there's nothing wrong with it.

There are many way to play the game and they are all fine. I am personally very selective in this respects. For me it's not only about the numbers, I care more about how I get my numbers.

Very well put.

I look at Waymarking almost like some folks look at gardening. I want to plant a waymark in such a way that I will be happy and proud when it bears fruit, which in Waymarking means that other folks can profit by the work I did in making the waymark. Mostly that will probably be in their visits to the waymarks. But sometimes other folks can profit by simply finding a list of waymarks in a category in a location -- for example, all of the Worldwide Cemeteries in Barry County, Missouri (whether or not they are going to visit all of them). This may be important for documentation purposes outside of visits by individuals; although you hope that it will also lead to the latter, whether by Waymarkers or the general ("unenlightened") public.

That being the case, saturation doesn't really matter. You're documenting important things. If there are lots, then document lots.

Interesting comments. And this does look at things in a different perspective. Lots of similar waymarks in a single category for example are made. In many years to come these waymarks may be lost forever due to removal, age, or re-development. The item would then be gone.....but the waymark will still be online for the futue to look at. I like that idea. Preserving history. :D

Max and 99, Never thought of a Lucky 7 (as i slowly wander off to see what a lucky 7 is.......)