TB dropped in an Unpublished Cache

I also allows people to go find the cache which I believe is at 35°46'27.48"N 112° 7'42.24"W before it is published and sign the log. Cache is GC4PKBC

How did you find the coordinates? I see how you got the ID. Someone has dropped my trackable in an unpublished cache and I'm waiting to see what happens.

It's pretty simple and I think you are missing how i got the ID since if you knew that you would know the coords Simply click show in Google Earth and it will download a kml file of all its travels. Open that and it automatically centers on the last location showing the coords and GC number. I have seen this mentioned pereviously when the issue of putting travelers in unpublished caches come up.

I am guessing you just clicked on the link and then looked at the URL which will get you the GC number.

If your guy is in an unpublished cache close to you you could go out now and sign the log then claim FTF when it does get published.

Edited by Walts Hunting

It's pretty simple and I think you are missing how i got the ID since if you knew that you would know the coords Simply click show in Google Earth and it will download a kml file of all its travels. Open that and it automatically centers on the last location showing the coords and GC number. I have seen this mentioned pereviously when the issue of putting travelers in unpublished caches come up.

I am guessing you just clicked on the link and then looked at the URL which will get you the GC number.

If your guy is in an unpublished cache close to you you could go out now and sign the log then claim FTF when it does get published.

Well, would you look at that. That's really funny. Yes, you're exactly right about how I thought you got the GC number. That's amazing. thanks! (No, it's nowhere near me....)

Yea we never leave a TB that isn't ours in a cache we put out that hasn't been published for just this reason.

I just did this a couple of weeks ago and plan on doing it again next week. The risk of these caches not being published is very low but even if the next one doesn't get published it is no big deal for me to jump on the bike and go retrieve it.