Logging TB visit

cwgrizz

I just noticed that I had a slew of TB's logged as visiting one of my caches, but the owner who logged them did not find the cache and posted a DNF to that fact. I realize that it is the finders option to log a visit to the cache because he owns the cache, but what it the point? Tracking where they looked even though not found? Why does GS allow this? Just a few questions--curiosity mostly. Ha!

Maybe he hits visit just or of habit? Or he is giving the TB's mileage. I log my personal trackables as a visit even if I didn't find the cache. If I travel 500 miles witht he trackable im goin to log it, as it did make that journey regardless if I fond the cache or not. As long as I was at the location I don't see why not. After all if you drive you still put on milage, even if you don't find the cache. Now if one where to do that without looking for the cache or even being anywhere close to the cache, then I would say its wrong.

It's possible to "find a container" and even sign a log, and still do a DNF. I once found a cracked container full of gross things and gross fluids, logged NM (not knowing it would require a separate "Found It" to be a "Find"), and could just as well have logged DNF, too. I just left everything as it was, and left, and pretended that nasty cache never existed. In that case, I wouldn't log a TB visit, either, but what ya gonna do.

If the mission of the TB is to log those, or if it's your TB, it's certainly OK. As TDM mentioned, it might be a travel mileage thing, not a "Found It" thing.

Like I said originally, not a big deal. I only brought it up for my own clarification. This instance that I noticed involved 4 TB. Yes they are all owned by the same person, so the owner probably has a purpose for using them to track distance. Ku, just for info, the cache is definitely not in disrepair and never has been. Ha! In all reality, I appreciate that the TB owner logged a DNF when he did not find the cache. I think that is the way the game should be played, but that is a whole different discussion. Ha!!

:laughing:

Edited by cwgrizz