Cache downloading

Poker Joker

I have a Magellan explorist. I have created a pocket query for caches close to my home. Is there a way I can load all these cache onto my GPS at once? Or do I have to load them all individually? I have already tried using the check all box and then clicking the download button to the right with no success.

I have a Magellan explorist. I have created a pocket query for caches close to my home. Is there a way I can load all these cache onto my GPS at once? Or do I have to load them all individually? I have already tried using the check all box and then clicking the download button to the right with no success.

Select a day for the PQ to run (such as today), and when the server gets it done, you'll be notified by email when you can download one GPX of all those caches (and another GPX of waypoints such as parking spots).

Here's a help file:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=118

Edited by kunarion

I have already tried using the check all box and then clicking the download button to the right with no success.

Selecting the 'Check All' box does not download a PQ.

All it will do is select the 20 caches on the page, and download a loc file, which only has the cache name and coordinates.

Once a PQ has run, it will be available to down load on the second tab "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" of this page > http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/

Make use of bookmarks. I do a search for caches in a certain city or if going to travel I do caches along a route, then I browse through the results and put the ones I want to do in a bookmark. When I get what I want I use that bookmark to create a PQ, and when it's ready depending on how many caches are in it, it will be sent to you or if there is over so many caches you will get an email with a link to download it. From there I use EasyGPS to send the PQ to my GPS.

I clicked "run one time only then delete" or however it is worded...Didn't pick a day...

It showed up under my pocket queries and listed 500 caches..just showed (0) on the nnmber ready to download....I am a premium member if that makes a difference...

Thanks for responding..

Edited by basscat5

I clicked "run one time only then delete" or however it is worded...Didn't pick a day...

It showed up under my pocket queries and listed 500 caches..just showed (0) on the nnmber ready to download....I am a premium member if that makes a difference...

Thanks for responding..

It showed (0) because it never ran... with no day-to-run, it cannot. The day-to-run is a pretty important box to check...

If it had ran, that number would have been a (1) instead of (0).

Take a look at my Follow the Arrow resource site (link under my signature). You'll find a page there called Paperless caching and at the bottom a series of 'how to' documents I've done including how to do a PQ and load it into a Magellan GPS (page also includes Garmin too). Includes information about Magellen's Vantage Point software (Windows only, not a MAC).

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

Take a look at my Follow the Arrow resource site (link under my signature). You'll find a page there called Paperless caching and at the bottom a series of 'how to' documents I've done including how to do a PQ and load it into a Magellan GPS (page also includes Garmin too). Includes information about Magellen's Vantage Point software (Windows only, not a MAC).

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

That is a big help...Thanks...

Edited by basscat5