QR Codes for Caches

OK, I read the give and take on the QR Travel Bugs topic. I am starting to put more durable cache cards with the log book in each of my caches. Each card will have the cache name and GC code. No biggie, but then it occurred to me that I could easily add a QR code for the cache URL to the same card. Can there be a problem with this?

Aren't those that can use the QR code probably already using the phone to find the cache and hence are on the cache page or able to get to it with a click or two?

That said, there is no rule that blocks you from creating a QR code that goes back to your cache's page. I think Groundspeak would probably approve of this idea and would like to get QR codes pointing back to the cache page into every cache. That would be, if such a thing were actually feasible.

I have only one cache in an urban setting, the rest are in rural areas where locating containers with a smart phone is often pretty iffy. I will log my finds with my phone but the Garmin is far better at pinpointing locations.

The onus for installing codes would probably fall back on the cache owners. There are sites where free QR codes can be generated, but there are modestly-priced downloads as well. Of course the cache would have to be large enough to hold an item (paper or whatever) with a readable code on it. I have no caches smaller than a pint-size lock and lock.

OK, I read the give and take on the QR Travel Bugs topic. I am starting to put more durable cache cards with the log book in each of my caches. Each card will have the cache name and GC code. No biggie, but then it occurred to me that I could easily add a QR code for the cache URL to the same card. Can there be a problem with this?

Maybe it will help later readers if we connect these two links.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=299374

Maybe it will help later readers if we connect these two links.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=299374

Wow! Very knowledgeable for a person just starting this afternoon...