2013 Travel Tag/Bug & Christmas Card & Postcard Mission

MysticCache

Ok, this is what I meant :)

You have your picture on your computer, so use that computer to go to www.tinypic.com and select your file via the 'browse' button that shows on the site. Then start the upload process (if you want you can resize the picture also, I have it as 'default' normally). Once done, you will get a new page with several links to your uploaded image. Copy the IMG link including the code between brackets (starting with '', etc.) and paste it in your message on the forum here. It will then be recognized as a picture and shown here :)

Good luck!

Edited by Toho_NL

1. Participating Date 17 October

2. Received Name Date 15 November

3. Mission Complete Date 18 November

4. Mission Received Date 29 November

Many many thanks to Roamin Catholic for the great parcel. Now..........if I could just fathom out how to put the photograph up on the forum <_< But i am no techie :blink:

33wtwrl.jpg[/img]

Merry Christmas everyone :)

1. Participating Date: October 3, 2013

2. Received Name Date: November 14 2013

3. Mission Complete Date: November 25 2013

4. Mission Received Date: 13 December 2013

Thanks for the tag and postcards just webtoed! The postcards especially made me smile - right now we are in day 4 of constant snow fall up here in Canada's north :laughing: so seeing all those lovely images from your area made me feel warm, lol! I will post a picture later, just rushing out to the post office, but thanks so much again just webtoed :)

I also cannot seem to post a pic of my goodies. I have tried 2 different sites for the photo, I have selected all/copied/paste and all I get is the the long code in the body of my posting for on here, no pic. as you can tell I am certainly no techie.

what on earth am I doing wrong?

Hi ayrbrain,

33wtwrl.jpg

Can you remove the http:// before your img link? If I add only the part after (so start your text with ) I see the above picture. You should not use any buttons in the text editor to add links or so, just copy paste the link starting with [img] and ending with [/img] in the text box where you type your text to reply.

Edited by Toho_NL

Many many thanks to Roamin Catholic for the great parcel. Now..........if I could just fathom out how to put the photograph up on the forum <_< But i am no techie :blink:

deuwjm.jpg

Woohoo!!! Opened my mail today, and received a lovely surprise from dawsoncity- I particularly loved the very neat handmade card with the inuksuk on it! Thank you, stay warm, and Merry Christmas! (Sent you an email through your gc profile as well to let you know it arrived.)

1. Participating Date - 3 November, 2013

2. Received Name Date - 15 November, 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - 29 November, 2013

4. Mission Received Date - 17 December, 2013

20131217_1203241.jpg

We are just back from 2 nights in Edinburgh and managed to find a couple of geocaches. I have dropped the TB that came in my christmas card/TB swap into a cache in the city, and lo and behold it was taken by another cacher the same day. So hopefully *crosses fingers* the Baltimore/Ayr TB, for that is what I called it as it came from Baltimore is soon on it's travels. I have given it as it's mission, to get back to Baltimore and into a nearby cache for the sender to receive it back. At least I am optimistic ! :D

deuwjm.jpg

Congrats, Ayrbrain, for getting the photo up on the site! Glad to know everything arrived in one piece! Apologies for not getting back to you sooner to help with the posting of the photo...I just got bogged down in work the past two weeks, so wasn't able to make it back to the forum. Have a wonderful Christmas! Cheers, Roamin'Catholic

We are just back from 2 nights in Edinburgh and managed to find a couple of geocaches. I have dropped the TB that came in my christmas card/TB swap into a cache in the city, and lo and behold it was taken by another cacher the same day. So hopefully *crosses fingers* the Baltimore/Ayr TB, for that is what I called it as it came from Baltimore is soon on it's travels. I have given it as it's mission, to get back to Baltimore and into a nearby cache for the sender to receive it back. At least I am optimistic ! :D

What fun to know the TB tag is heading back from Scotland to Maryland! I will be looking for the TB's name so I can track it. Did you attach the large plush blue crab as a hitchhiker? That would certainly limit the sizes of caches the TB could be dropped in! :D May you and your husband have a very Happy Christmas!!!

OK, got Baltimore/Ayr TB on my watch list! Once it gets to this neck of the woods, I will be sure to try and pick it up! What fun! :)

Lol Roamin'Catholic lets hope it gets back to you. No I didn't attach the lobster, he/she is in the dining room sat on a chair along with Rocky the bear who I bought aboard the Rocky Mountaineer a couple of years ago.

Wishing you and your family a lovely christmas and all the best for the new year,

Hi there everyone! I just wanted to report that I did not receive a card or any trackables :( i'm a bit sad because i sent my last two trackables in my card :(

Would it be reasonable to ask that we get a talley of who didnt receive theirs? I am willing to sponsor one or two others so they are not left feeling like a red headed step child ;)

I recieved my mission from Minnesota. Unfortunately the envelope was damaged and the traveler escaped :(

Participating Date: 10/30/2013

Received Name Date: 11/15/2013

Mission Sent Date: 12/27/2013 (sorry it was late)

Mission Received Date: 1/2/2014

Aha! As the snow is melting off, and I was outside today, I found the trackable near my mailbox!

Thanks for the cute little owl tag!

Happy New Year! I hope the holidays left you all with comfort and joy and with a good sense of humor. Great job to everyone able to complete their mission assignment. :anicute: It is not too late to mail your package if you haven't done so. Message me if I need me to resend the name & address to you.

My list shows several people may not have received a package: :shocked: Be sure to update your status if I have it wrong. Thanks so much!

Geo Name Pkg Rcvd?

•  
  • ayrbrain YES
  • azgeobugs No
  • Capt Biggins YES
  • Cbushgirl No
  • crystalwoods YES
  • dawsoncity No
  • Dipsticks YES
  • eolh fka Burkebunch2007 No
  • fuzziebear3 YES
  • geoturtlelover YES
  • gumbys4eva YES
  • ItTakesAThief YES
  • just webtoed No
  • KBlack2595 YES
  • KD0BIK YES
  • linniex No
  • loverfishy YES
  • LuLilac No
  • Madam Pomfrey YES
  • MysticCache YES
  • Networkcacher No
  • QueenBeeVA47 No
  • Roamin'Catholic No
  • SearchLine No
  • SYOTT YES
  • The_Roots No
  • thefamilyc No
  • Toho_NL YES
  • Ventourist_nl YES

i had QueenBVA47 and sent my package off, but i do not know how to PM anyone here, sorry. I am still a NO for any travelbugs or christmas cards. This makes me sad :( I bought a special card and tags and everything :(

I believe QueenBeeVA47 is related to the partner I had, Searchline. I sent my package off just after getting his name, back in November. He never posted that he received the package, so I contacted him directly and he responded that it had arrived. The same probably happened with QueenBee. Try contacting Mystic Cacher who organized all this and see who had you. Neither Searchline nor QueenBee posted that they had sent their packages. Many others didn't post either.

So, I finally got around to sending off my trackable (TB5NN6W - "Toronto to Arizona")that I received from last year's Christmas exchange. Azgeobugs had sent me (among other things) an Arizona license plate TB. I attached it to a Toronto key chain (where I live) and gave it a mission of getting back to azgeobugs. Gave it to someone at an event who was headed to Vegas. He did more than that, and actually made it to the TB Hotel that it was aiming for. From start to finish in less than a month. Azgeobugs now has the TB. We'll give it a new mission soon. I'd like to do this exchange again. Anyone interested?

So, I finally got around to sending off my trackable (TB5NN6W - "Toronto to Arizona")that I received from last year's Christmas exchange. Azgeobugs had sent me (among other things) an Arizona license plate TB. I attached it to a Toronto key chain (where I live) and gave it a mission of getting back to azgeobugs. Gave it to someone at an event who was headed to Vegas. He did more than that, and actually made it to the TB Hotel that it was aiming for. From start to finish in less than a month. Azgeobugs now has the TB. We'll give it a new mission soon. I'd like to do this exchange again. Anyone interested?

I'm interested.

Hmm... wonder if there's something wrong with the website messaging system. This is the second or third time within the past month or two that I've sent a message and it didn't get a response - didn't know it wasn't going through :( Thanks for trying to host this all the same!

Hmm... wonder if there's something wrong with the website messaging system. This is the second or third time within the past month or two that I've sent a message and it didn't get a response - didn't know it wasn't going through :( Thanks for trying to host this all the same!

The reason you weren't getting email replays is this thread was from 2013 -- I was simply typing on it to see if the original host of this mission was attempting again this past season - which he/she wasn't replying and I think has step out of geocaching for a while by the last view of their profile

The reason you weren't getting email replays is this thread was from 2013 -- I was simply typing on it to see if the original host of this mission was attempting again this past season - which he/she wasn't replying and I think has step out of geocaching for a while by the last view of their profile

It was a personal message sent through the regular geocaching website. The problem seems to have been resolved, though - started getting replies from people again. :) I'd love to be part of this event next year - maybe we could even do a summer vacation edition! :)