2013 Travel Tag/Bug & Christmas Card & Postcard Mission

MysticCache

A friendly mission just in time for Christmas. Signup will end 11/12/13 and all names will be sent by 11/15/13. Mission package will consist of one (1) unactivated regular sized travel tag or bug (1 in or larger no mini) a Christmas Card plus a nice postcard highlighting your part of the world. Your mission package should be mailed no later than 12/1/13.

If interested please e-mail through my profile (no PM's!) and include the following:

Geocaching Name

Full Name & Address

Assignments will be random. Please do not ask to be assigned a certain person and please be aware you may have to ship internationally. Please report the following in this thread to keep us up to date on your progress;

1. Participating Date

2. Received Name Date

3. Mission Complete Date

4. Mission Received Date

Note if participating you will be responsible to get a card and tag/bug to your assigned geocacher even if the one you sent is lost in the mail!

:) :) :)

Thanks to kini_ont for the use of this mission format.

Mission accomplished! (well, almost - I mailed off the overseas package today). How do fill in #4? I sent the package First Class but didn't register it (that would have slowed it down) so no way to track it - pardon the pun! Are we to register when we receive our gift TB package so the sender knows and can complete #4?

This was fun - : ended up sending a few small items to represent my area (I understand It Takes A Thief's problem: I went to the airport to find a postcard!)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, all!

1. Participating Date - October 30, 2013

2. Received Name Date - November 14, 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - November 23, 2013

4. Mission Received Date -

Are we to register when we receive our gift TB package so the sender knows and can complete #4?

The number 4 is, how I understand it, to note when you received your package (from the person who was to send it to you). If we all track the progress on this mission, the person who sent you the package can check your user name and see the package arrived. You can do the same by checking the other person's last status update to know if it arrived already.

Regards,

Toho_NL

Edited by Toho_NL

1. Participating Date - 14 November 2013

2. Received Name Date - 15 November 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - Nov 23 2013

4. Mission Received Date -

For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to edit my old post so I made a new one :) Package in the mail yesterday! It's not going far so I'd think that the recipient may even receive it next week!

Can someone kindly tell me how to add a photograph to the The 2013 TB christmas card postcard mission please. I have looked at the symbols above this posting but cannot see how to add one. I am on an Ipad at the moment if that is of any help.

Thank you

Had a look on the lap top as well but still cannot see how to add the photo I see the icon at the top of the posting space, but it asks for a http: I am stuck! <_< Told you I am no techie :blink:

Edited by ayrbrain

1. Participating Date 17 October

2. Received Name Date 15 November

3. Mission Complete Date 18 November

4. Mission Received Date 29 November

Many many thanks to Roamin Catholic for the great parcel. Now..........if I could just fathom out how to put the photograph up on the forum <_< But i am no techie :blink:

1. Participation Date: November 7, 2013

2. Received Name Date: November 14, 2013

3. Mission Complete Date: November 25, 2013

4. Mission Received Date: November 29, 2013

I received my lovely package from The Roots today! A very fun idea for the holidays. Thank you for organizing, MysticCache! My bug's page is here.

Edited by Madam Pomfrey

1. Participating Date - 09 November 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - 25 November 2013

4. Mission Received Date - 02 December 2013

Today I received a surprise from Atlin, Canada.

Cristalwoods thanks for the nice info of your city and the travelbugs.

Especially nice is the Canadian coin, very nice!

Happy geocaching and a Merry Christmas,

Greetings from The Netherlands.

fnutl2.jpg

Edited by Ventourist_nl

Sorry I am a little slow replying. My parcel was duly sent off on the 26th November and I received a lovely package on the 25th November. It was a lovely surprise and now reading the previous logs I understand why there was a photo and not a postcard inside! I will be e-mailing my benefactor with my thanks. Hope my parcel has arrived okay? A very Merry Christmas to everyone and hope we do this again next year. A great idea. Like Ayrbrain I too do not know how to post pictures.

1. Participating Date 24th October

2. Received Name Date 15th November

3. Mission Complete Date 26th November

4. Mission Received Date 25th November

Edited by Dipsticks

Sorry I am a little slow replying. My parcel was duly sent off on the 26th November and I received a lovely package on the 25th November. It was a lovely surprise and now reading the previous logs I understand why there was a photo and not a postcard inside! I will be e-mailing my benefactor with my thanks. Hope my parcel has arrived okay? A very Merry Christmas to everyone and hope we do this again next year. A great idea. Like Ayrbrain I too do not know how to post pictures.

1. Participating Date 24th October

2. Received Name Date 15th November

3. Mission Complete Date 26th November

4. Mission Received Date 25th November

Hope you liked it......glad it arrived safely.....

Can someone kindly tell me how to add a photograph to the The 2013 TB christmas card postcard mission please. I have looked at the symbols above this posting but cannot see how to add one. I am on an Ipad at the moment if that is of any help.

Thank you

Had a look on the lap top as well but still cannot see how to add the photo I see the icon at the top of the posting space, but it asks for a http: I am stuck! <_< Told you I am no techie :blink:

I use Photobucket, then click copy Image and place here....under image...

] 20131209_181853

sent u a email with all my info MysticCache would love to do it but i am new this this mission thing :)

1. Participating Date - 10 November 2013

2. Received Name Date - December 9 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - December 9 2013

4. Mission Received Date - not shure

ty u very much geoturtlelover love them it was a great surprise on a cold day :)

Edited by KBlack2595

Every day I go to the mailbox. Every day I'm disappointed. :cry: From the postings, it looks like only a third of the participants have received their packages. Most, but certainly not all, have sent their packages, however. Could it be that receivers who haven't sent theirs feel guilty? And some on the list haven't even acknowledged receiving their partner's address. One of those people probably has me.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Are we to register when we receive our gift TB package so the sender knows and can complete #4?

The number 4 is, how I understand it, to note when you received your package (from the person who was to send it to you). If we all track the progress on this mission, the person who sent you the package can check your user name and see the package arrived. You can do the same by checking the other person's last status update to know if it arrived already.

Regards,

Toho_NL

Thanks, Toho_NL, for your reply. I am dense - only noticed your response today! (duh!) I will now fill in #4 when I receive my package - still hoping! : )

Cheers,

Roamin' Catholic

DiscoveedLackeyanniversaryTagAtEvent_zps19c88792.jpg

Thank you

Hi -

I am trying your suggestion of PhotoBucket, as I was trying to figure out how to upload photos to this forum, as well. Here goes nothing! I hope it works...

Edited by Roamin'Catholic

DiscoveedLackeyanniversaryTagAtEvent_zps19c88792.jpg

Thank you

Hi -

I am trying your suggestion of PhotoBucket, as I was trying to figure out how to upload photos to this forum, as well. Here goes nothing! I hope it works...

OK, it looks like it worked...but is there a way to get the photo after the quote, or is this just how it uploads to the forum page?

Cheers,

Roamin'Catholic

1. Participating Date 17 October

2. Received Name Date 15 November

3. Mission Complete Date 18 November

4. Mission Received Date 29 November

Many many thanks to Roamin Catholic for the great parcel. Now..........if I could just fathom out how to put the photograph up on the forum <_< But i am no techie :blink:

Hi Ayrbrain -

Glad you liked your parcel! : ) I used It Takes A Thief's suggestion of PhotoBucket as a way to get a photo into the forum - I think I have figured out how it works. I will send you an email, and maybe we could Skype and I could walk you through the steps, if you like...

Cheers,

Roamin'Catholic

Package arrived :) A nice TB with two nice cards! Also the nice words (and good Dutch!) were really nice. Loverfishy, thank you very much for your gift, appreciate it :)

1. Participating Date - 09 November 2013

3. Mission Complete Date - 24 November 2013

4. Mission Received Date - 13 December 2013

281r1fn.jpg

Regards,

Toho_NL

Edited by Toho_NL

"It's here! It's here!" I sing as I come skipping inside from the mailbox! A lovely surprise on a cold snowy day! Thank you, azgeobugs from Arizona for your cute card, lots of postcards (they do still make them!) and the two Arizona TB's! I'll figure out how to post a photo here to show everyone! Am wondering what happened to the package that I mailed almost four weeks ago to Virginia. Hope it got there.

1. Participating Date: October 4, 2013

2. Received Name Date: November 14, 2013

3. Mission Complete Date: November 18, 2013

4. Mission Received Date: December 13, 2013

Um, huh? I'm sorry, I have no idea what that means, Toho NL. I have the photo on my IPhone and on my computer. If you could talk me through the whole process, I might be able to do it. I really have no idea how to upload the photo anywhere else. I can post it on geocaching.com in a log as I know how to do that (sometimes!) Any help is greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll probably have to wait until one of my children comes home for the Christmas holidays.