Is there a catagory for this?

32916c91-7537-4189-9bc8-b979bfde7dc9.JPG

I've never tried to link a photo, so I don't know how well this is going to show up.

I have run across many business which have tile entryways with the name of the business or former business. Is there a category for this? If so which one is it? If not would it be worth discussing? I don't want to be lead on it, I just want to have a place to put this floor.

The photo is from (WMHFCD) Farmers Bank - McCormick, SC - U.S. National Register of Historic Places.

It's looking pretty big, wish I knew how to fix that one...

I love these. I agree about trying the Mosaic category. Is the building on the National Register of Historic Places? Maybe this is a new category idea. . . .

You guessed correct, this is the entry at the Farmers Bank, WMHFCD. Now the McCormick Messenger office. I've come across a lot of these over the past few years. Unfortunately since I wasn't really thinking about Waymarking at the time, I don't have pictures or locations.

Is it catetory worthy?

I don't see a requirement that the tiles form a picture to be considered a mosaic.

From the category description:

- the juxtaposition of these pieces form something recognizable (characters, animals, landscapes, forms...) or simply decorate a construction, a statue, a fountain...

With Characters being a key word.