Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
jhuoni

Is there a catagory for this?

7 posts in this topic

32916c91-7537-4189-9bc8-b979bfde7dc9.JPG

I've never tried to link a photo, so I don't know how well this is going to show up.

I have run across many business which have tile entryways with the name of the business or former business. Is there a category for this? If so which one is it? If not would it be worth discussing? I don't want to be lead on it, I just want to have a place to put this floor.

The photo is from (WMHFCD) Farmers Bank - McCormick, SC - U.S. National Register of Historic Places.

It's looking pretty big, wish I knew how to fix that one...

If it has a picture instead of just words maybe the mosaic category but other than that I don't think so.

I love these. I agree about trying the Mosaic category. Is the building on the National Register of Historic Places? Maybe this is a new category idea. . . .

I've seen a few of these, most of which were at the entrance to older apartment buildings in the downtown area. I was never sure if they fit in the mosaic category. I guess I've just got so many other pictures, that I've never put the work into it, to test whether it would be accepted or not. They are pretty cool, IMHO.

I love these. I agree about trying the Mosaic category. Is the building on the National Register of Historic Places? Maybe this is a new category idea. . . .

You guessed correct, this is the entry at the Farmers Bank, WMHFCD. Now the McCormick Messenger office. I've come across a lot of these over the past few years. Unfortunately since I wasn't really thinking about Waymarking at the time, I don't have pictures or locations.

Is it catetory worthy?

I don't see a requirement that the tiles form a picture to be considered a mosaic.

From the category description:

- the juxtaposition of these pieces form something recognizable (characters, animals, landscapes, forms...) or simply decorate a construction, a statue, a fountain...

With Characters being a key word.

According to Outspoken1, leader of Mosaics, this is a mosaic.

So if you are visiting FARMERS BANK (WMHFCD) now the McCormick Messenger Newspaper, you might want to try to catch them during normal business hours to pick up a two-fer at this site.