GARMIN NUVI HELP

Artemis&Apollo

I could use some help with a new NUVI. We have been using a NUVI 260w for years; just for navigating. We keep a bookmark of caches we want to find and load that PQ to the NUVI as favorites. When we find a cache we delete the favorite so that the NUVI is a current picture of the caches we have not found. It has worked pretty well for us for years. Now the 260w is dying so I bought a Nuvi 54LM. It works differently for clearing favorites which I can deal with. But I have a problem with the symbols. The 54LM does not have any geocaching symbols. In fact all of the symbols look alike (a blue box with some icon in the middle). I think I would be content if I could load custom symbols to the NUVI 54 (Geocaching Symbols). I might also be ok to load them as POIs if I could delete POIs after we have found them.

A bit verbal, I know, but can anyone tell me:

1) How to download geocaching symbols to a NUVI so that I can load them via GSAK with at least the treasure chest? Preferably with a traditional, multi, letterbox symbol.

2) If I load them as POIs can I delete individual ones after I have found them?

I could use some help with a new NUVI. We have been using a NUVI 260w for years; just for navigating. We keep a bookmark of caches we want to find and load that PQ to the NUVI as favorites. When we find a cache we delete the favorite so that the NUVI is a current picture of the caches we have not found. It has worked pretty well for us for years. Now the 260w is dying so I bought a Nuvi 54LM. It works differently for clearing favorites which I can deal with. But I have a problem with the symbols. The 54LM does not have any geocaching symbols. In fact all of the symbols look alike (a blue box with some icon in the middle). I think I would be content if I could load custom symbols to the NUVI 54 (Geocaching Symbols). I might also be ok to load them as POIs if I could delete POIs after we have found them.

A bit verbal, I know, but can anyone tell me:

1) How to download geocaching symbols to a NUVI so that I can load them via GSAK with at least the treasure chest? Preferably with a traditional, multi, letterbox symbol.

2) If I load them as POIs can I delete individual ones after I have found them?

I don't know about the symbols, but I do know that you can not delete an individual POI. You pretty much have to delete the entire POI file and upload a new one.

I don't know for certain if this will work, but worth a try.

Do you still have the old nuvi?

Hook it up to the computer and browse the files. If you can find the exact file (logos, etc) - copy that onto your hard drive and MAKE NOTE the exact folder it lives in.

Hook up your new nuvi to the computer, find the exact location and paste the file in.

As for deleting POI's.... You need to rerun the pocket query and reload them into the nuvi.