possible container idea

here is a quick fix that I think might get Cascade Reviewer and any other review with the same stance to change their position on your cache idea. Add a log sheet to the swag area and use the empty pages of the boot to create a never ending story. you start the story and then ask each caber to add five to ten words to it. It could be amusing for those who find the cache to also be able to see how the story evolves.

The book is 40 pages. Even if 35 are unusable because they had been removed that still leaves 5 pages, front and back.

I was guessing that the OP meant there are a whole bunch more than 35 hollow pages (otherwise there's not much room for trade items). There are 40 non-hollowed pages in a many-paged book.

I'd prefer the small log book inside the "container" book, for two reasons. First, the book can be built solidly with no "pages". It's a container. It can be completely hollowed inside, and you could consider having no "pages", just build a box inside. Second, I would not want to be seen "writing in a library book". I can't get away with any infraction, ever (I do envy you people who can), so I'd have to weigh the value of one smilie vs. causing a huge commotion in the library. :anibad:

OK, there's a third reason. I've found a couple of "write in the book" caches, and the cache page didn't specify that's the idea, to write in the actual book pages. Unless that's made clear, I wonder where the real cache log was.

Edited by kunarion