garmin nuvi

Question: I have a garmin nuvi with slot for sd card, what can i use that for, can I download watched caches....programs anything to help with a list for caches, I only have a gps right now, and no Iphone....so I have to write everything down on paper before I leave to cache....takes a lot of time.....

You can load topology maps, eg from Talkytoaster, which shows footpaths, stiles, gates etc. Much easier to see where to walk away from the roads on the basemap.

Question: I have a garmin nuvi with slot for sd card, what can i use that for, can I download watched caches....programs anything to help with a list for caches, I only have a gps right now, and no Iphone....so I have to write everything down on paper before I leave to cache....takes a lot of time.....

You can use Pocket Queries, GSAK and the nuvi macro to download complete cache information to your nuvi as custom POI's. This will give you full descriptions, difficulty/terrain ratings, hint and newest logs as well as the cache coordinates, all displayed on the nuvi screen. It is still not the same as having a good handheld or smartphone app, but it does give you many of the advantages of paperless caching with your nuvi. Edited by alandb