Eye Spy Cache Location

GPS51111

I want to set a cache that you can see in the open- there is the gum one in Seattle. We have local caches here-a magnet on an electric box , pinecone, small wood chip with an nano, birdhouse. Any other ideas for a cache that is not hidden under anything?

I found one that was a mailbox, I enjoyed that one. Looked all over the place for it, then opened the box, there was the log.

I've seen caches that people built and attached to their houses, similar to bird houses but with other constructions and themes. A three storey mouse house, an lock in a garage that could be opened with a key you had to obtain by placing a magnet in the right place, etc. Anything can be a geocache.

Spend some time looking around your potential cache site. What kinds of things do you see, things that people usually ignore, things that are just part of the environment? Which of those things could be a container, or hold a container? What other kinds of things could fit into that environment and seem like they belong? Which of those things could be a container, or hold a container?

I saw one on the side of a brick building. The hose bib is the handle of a secret drawer.

I saw a youtube video like that. It looked like the cache owner took advantage of a brick wall with a missing brick. They took an old rusty piece of square metal and mounted an outdoor water faucet on it. They attached a small square box the size of the missing brick to the back so that it would slip into the opening. It just looked like a water faucet on the side of the wall but it would come out with a gentle pull.

I've built one that was a Tim Horton's coffee cup. I put cocking into the cup and cut the bottom out of it. I attached a plumbing pipe onto it's bottom which is held in by the cocking, and then attached a cover to the pipe. A film container is in the pipe and protected by weather, and the pipe is hidden in a way in which it's "buried". There was a hole there, I covered part of it with a rock and put dirt over the rock, so now it just looks like a coffee cup someone disposed of.

I've built one that was a Tim Horton's coffee cup. I put cocking into the cup and cut the bottom out of it. I attached a plumbing pipe onto it's bottom which is held in by the cocking, and then attached a cover to the pipe. A film container is in the pipe and protected by weather, and the pipe is hidden in a way in which it's "buried". There was a hole there, I covered part of it with a rock and put dirt over the rock, so now it just looks like a coffee cup someone disposed of.

This sounds like a cache I would like to find.

This sounds like a cache I would like to find.

I do believe I have a picture of it on my phone. I'll post it in a few minutes if I can find it.

I had a conversation witn a cacher friend who saw somehting like this outside a british pub... searched for a while, then read the hint that said " for a clue, dial xxx xxx xxxx. He stepped overe to the nearest pay phone, that was as a red british style model. Punched in the number and a drawer popped open at the bottom with the cache.

1376765_10153303614095065_1100015123_n.jpg?oh=491c7f48e55b9f5aeaa5a9a176b983e8&oe=52509AB2&__gda__=1381048128_54c31bfc069d4690fa60cb19a54b1acd

This was slightly after a bit of rain so I went to check out how the container held up with the rain. The rain caused it to be a bit more buried than it does now, but this is the gist of it.

That is the type of caches I like to find, unique, effort in the build, worth wild to get.

I found one hanging in a tree that was disguised as a bag of dog crap. I know you're all thinking "How the did he realize it wasn't a bag of dog crap?"

After about 20 minutes of searching, I asked myself "why the hell was someone walking a dog here and why did they feel the need to pick up after their dog when it's a few feet in the woods with no foot path" and that's when I inspected the poo. Sure enough, as I looked through the see through blue bag, I noticed a rubber band. The other side had a micro attached to it. Was awesome.. used some kind of gel for the fake poo.