Are there currently any Travel Bug & Travel Tag Exchange Missions?

MysticCache

Are there currently any Travel Bug & Travel Tag Exchange Missions???? There are a few holiday missions for geocoins but how about our beloved tags? I was reminded that they are not usually considered"collectible" but I bet there are some Inactivated tags in our inventory waiting for a special mission. You know - those cute tags we found on sale or those duplicates we bought because they were just so cool and have their own unique icon. :)

Anyone interested in receiving a new tag from a secret geocacher along with a postcard from their part of the world AND in return, you send one to someone else? Reply with your comments, thoughts & ideas. Cache on!

Edited by MysticCache

Are there currently any Travel Bug & Travel Tag Exchange Missions???? There are a few holiday missions for geocoins but how about our beloved tags? I was reminded that they are not usually considered"collectible" but I bet there are some Inactivated tags in our inventory waiting for a special mission. You know - those cute tags we found on sale or those duplicates we bought because they were just so cool and have their own unique icon. :)

Anyone interested in receiving a new tag from a secret geocacher along with a postcard from their part of the world AND in return, you send one to someone else? Reply with your comments, thoughts & ideas. Cache on!

SOunds like a great idea, i have a few extra....maybe good idea for christmas....

It does sound like a great idea and also a pleasant surprise in the mailbox.

How exactly does this work?

Someone organizes a contest that automatically assigns a secret friend to you.

You send the item to the secret friend and only then he knows who send it.

You could always send it without your data but if the post office can't deliver, they won't have a return address.

Someone else (maybe even your secret friend) received our data and sends a package to you.

And so on... :)

It's quite exciting really. To keep the surprise factor we could have one person receiving our mailing information by a certain date via email (I can do this---totally confidential and your information will not be sold or shared with anyone else without your permission---the deadlines would be our guide to allow time for preparing our package for mailing. This should ensure the card and tag reaches your person by Christmas. Names are randomly drawn for each participant and sent to you by email. Then you will send your postcard/card and tag by mail to that person.

This idea was stemmed off the Geocoin & Card Missions seen in the geocoin discussion forums. I'm so impressed by the group participating and the organization skills of the facilitator and when I read a comment about tags it just set the tag swap idea into motion. :)

Let's go for it.. Christmas is just a few months away!

It's quite exciting really. To keep the surprise factor we could have one person receiving our mailing information by a certain date via email (I can do this---totally confidential and your information will not be sold or shared with anyone else without your permission---the deadlines would be our guide to allow time for preparing our package for mailing. This should ensure the card and tag reaches your person by Christmas. Names are randomly drawn for each participant and sent to you by email. Then you will send your postcard/card and tag by mail to that person.

This idea was stemmed off the Geocoin & Card Missions seen in the geocoin discussion forums. I'm so impressed by the group participating and the organization skills of the facilitator and when I read a comment about tags it just set the tag swap idea into motion. :)

Let's go for it.. Christmas is just a few months away!

SOunds good to me, i have one ready to go....