logging an archived cache?

redcenterdazza

A PT is going to be archived today, and we will be in the area tonight for a couple of days. I doubt the CO will be out over a lot of KM's picking up the containers (could be wrong there tho), but can I log an archived cache if it is still in place and a log to sign? I did some searching and couldn't find any topics already discussing this. they are loaded into my gpsr pre archiving so theoretically wouldn't know about the archiving by going on my last PQ. Tks in advance

A PT is going to be archived today, and we will be in the area tonight for a couple of days. I doubt the CO will be out over a lot of KM's picking up the containers (could be wrong there tho), but can I log an archived cache if it is still in place and a log to sign? I did some searching and couldn't find any topics already discussing this. they are loaded into my gpsr pre archiving so theoretically wouldn't know about the archiving by going on my last PQ. Tks in advance

If you find the container, and sign the log, then you can log it as "found" online.

If they are truly archived, then you could volunteer to remove the containers for the CO.

B.

Will the system allow it? Yes. If you find the cache and sign the log, yes, you can log it.

Why are the caches being archived? Is it because cachers are causing problems and shouldn't be there? If someone simply archives their cache without picking up the container, it's normal for someone with the cache in their GPS to find it before they get the word that the cache is no longer in play. In your case, you know so it goes back to why they are being archived.

Will the system allow it? Yes. If you find the cache and sign the log, yes, you can log it.

Why are the caches being archived? Is it because cachers are causing problems and shouldn't be there? If someone simply archives their cache without picking up the container, it's normal for someone with the cache in their GPS to find it before they get the word that the cache is no longer in play. In your case, you know so it goes back to why they are being archived.

It was a PT, and the word I got was issues with maintaining the caches, which is always a worry I guess when someone goes out and throws down 300 odd containers. will hope to find some and ask the co if they would like some collected. cheers